How many of you consider BF the end of burton's trilogy???

Started by BatmanFanatic93, Sat, 7 Dec 2013, 15:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah i cause i never seen anyone ask this question on here or any other comic book forums that involves with this question so i thought i'd ask & see how many of you actually consider BF the final chapter of burton's batman story arc.
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Sat,  7 Dec  2013, 15:38
Yeah i cause i never seen anyone ask this question on here or any other comic book forums that involves with this question so i thought i'd ask & see how many of you actually consider BF the final chapter of burton's batman story arc.
If only.  Unfortunately, too many questions were left unresolved at the end of 'Batman Returns' none of which were answered in 'Batman Forever'.  Following the events of 'Batman Returns' Batman should still be a fugitive and if he hasn't given up the cowl he certainly shouldn't be working in tandem with the police seeing as he's still wanted for murder.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Sun, 8 Dec 2013, 00:18 #2 Last Edit: Sun, 8 Dec 2013, 00:24 by BatmanFanatic93
Umm isn't that the reason why there's the novelization & comic book adaptations for the batman films just to explain more in depth moments that wasn't in the film & to tie in loose ends??
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Considering that Burton never intended to have a cohesive narrative trilogy...

Forever attempts to retroactively create a three-picture arc for Bruce/Batman through some of his dialogue, particularly in his speech to Dick about taking revenge. But that story thread doesn't command nearly enough of the picture to make an impact, and with everything from look to the basic tone radically changed, it was never going to fit in with its predecessors.

I don't consider Forever to be part of the Burton narrative. Schumacher may have made reference to prior events and perhaps there was some intent to make them LOOSELY cohesive, but the overall feeling of the movie and portrayal of the characters do not, in my opinion, reflect what Tim Burton would have done. So I don't see it being a story Tim Burton or Michael Keaton would have agreed to do. Keaton in fact bowed out because of the story.

tim's first two (especially returns) and forever are like night and day. too different in look, tone, feel, everything to be any closer than cousins. if something visual like the batmobile or whatever had carried over (i know we had the same alfred and commish but actors don't count) then maybe but for them to be directly related as they are it would have meant everyone including batman would have had to go f***ing insane over neon in 1993 or 1994 which i guess COULD have happened as they all tried to wipe out the memories of christmas '92 lol.

Okay you know what?I been playing backseat for awhile & never truly express how i feel about certain subjects i post or see other peoples posts without the fear of starting a fight but i guess there is time when you gotta risk it...so here it goes.  >:(

QuoteIf only.  Unfortunately, too many questions were left unresolved at the end of 'Batman Returns' none of which were answered in 'Batman Forever'.  Following the events of 'Batman Returns' Batman should still be a fugitive and if he hasn't given up the cowl he certainly shouldn't be working in tandem with the police seeing as he's still wanted for murder.

Okay gobbs i'm sorry if this comes out rude or mean but is there really anything left from batman returns to be carried on to BF?I mean batman returns batman foiled the penguin's plans from killing the first born sons of gotham,destroying gotham using suicide bomber penguins, & well at the end of batman returns the bat signal ignites in the sky pretty much showing that gotham still needs batman & was probably cleared of any charges made on him caused by penguin & catwoman....so yeah what more is there that needs to be answered other then catwoman surviving & her whereabouts?

Quotetim's first two (especially returns) and forever are like night and day. too different in look, tone, feel, everything to be any closer than cousins. if something visual like the batmobile or whatever had carried over (i know we had the same alfred and commish but actors don't count) then maybe but for them to be directly related as they are it would have meant everyone including batman would have had to go f***ing insane over neon in 1993 or 1994 which i guess COULD have happened as they all tried to wipe out the memories of christmas '92 lol.

Okay see right there?You put visuals before actors wheres actor are more important to keep continuity in check plus i don't think visuals really matter in this case cause what really makes a film is the actors,story,& music visuals are there to make the movie pretty in my opinion but as for the tone go i agree the tones from the BR & BF are different but BF still has a dark storyline going for it it's just that people don't see it cause of the the campy over tones done by Tommy lee jones & good o'l jim carrey which is why people don't give BF a chance to be the ending chapter of burton's trilogy heck if anyone watch the film & put down their negativity down &  give it some thought like they do for both B89 & BR they'd see it too like i did years ago.

Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Sun, 16 Feb  2014, 05:51Okay see right there?You put visuals before actors wheres actor are more important to keep continuity in check plus i don't think visuals really matter in this case cause what really makes a film is the actors,story,& music visuals are there to make the movie pretty in my opinion
That's not an invalid stance to take, but it's complete anathema to the way Burton approaches cinema.

Fri, 21 Feb 2014, 22:31 #8 Last Edit: Sat, 22 Feb 2014, 02:38 by BatmanFanatic93
Sorry but despite being both a fan of burton's & joels batman movies i just think actors & story should come first before visuals when it comes to continuity on certain franchises such as the 90's batman...please forgive me if i offended you or anyone else on here with my post it's just the way i feel about films.  :-X