The Dark Knight Rises compared to Batman Returns

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 26 Jun 2013, 12:26

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteBatman and Batman Returns vs The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, who would win?
Tough one.  Would probably be a draw for me.  If you'd said BB and TDK it would have been a marginal win for B'89 and BR.  If you'd said BB and TDKR it would have been a clear victory for B'89 and BR.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I like Batman Forever better than Batman Begins too.

I think BF could have benefitted from more sombre, low-key scenes like this although I have mixed feelings about the goofy giant bat.  Who's that meant to be?  Man-Bat?  And why does Bruce suddenly switch from feeling guilty about his supposed part in his parents' death to emerging from the bat cave with a goofy grin and a new-found spring-in-his-step about being Batman?  What was it about the giant bat encounter that made him undergo such a sudden switch of emotion?

Anyway, cool find Edd.  Was this scenes in the BF DVD deleted scenes?  I don't remember it.

The uploader mentioned that he put that scene together from raw footage.

I have no idea what the giant bat is supposed to mean or where it came from...

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 10 Jul  2013, 00:42
The uploader mentioned that he put that scene together from raw footage.

I have no idea what the giant bat is supposed to mean or where it came from...
It's very professionally put together and despite my misgivings regarding the logic of the scene it's no more incoherent than the rest of the film.  ;)

I agree the film was pretty incoherent. And some scenes didn't make much sense or were not true to the characters. Two-Face is a prme example.

Also, what was Bruce trying to do by saying out loud: "Harvey! I'm Batman!" at the circus?  The Bruce Wayne I know would never do that.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 10 Jul  2013, 00:54
I agree the film was pretty incoherent. And some scenes didn't make much sense or were not true to the characters. Two-Face is a prme example.

Also, what was Bruce trying to do by saying out loud: "Harvey! I'm Batman!" at the circus?  The Bruce Wayne I know would never do that.
He was trying to save people's lives.  Surely that's what Batman is all about.  Otherwise he's just some rich thug with a fetish for dressing up and beating people down regardless of the consequences.

If he can save more people by giving up his identity than that's surely what he must do.  Screw all this 'you must endure' sh*t.  ;)

Ok but you do know that Harvey would've still killed him and probably everyone else ? I mean, that character flipped the coin until he got the result he wanted, it's not like he could be trusted.