Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024)

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Wed, 23 Oct 2013, 11:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Filming in East Corinth.

Delia in the house. Looks funereal at Maitland House.

Although it didn't release with much fanfare, an actual honest to God readable 'Handbook for the Recently Deceased' is now available in multiple formats including kindle. It is literally over 250 pages long and never 'breaks' character. It covers everything heard about it in the film and more. Whether or not it forecasts anything in the second film interests me as there is a tremendous amount of detail and introductions of new concepts like dream visitations and nonlinear time. It is a dry read, with a few much appreciated laughs, as it never wavers from 'reading like stereo' instructions. Anyway just a heads up for super fans.

More notes on the handbook.

The afterlife as a AAA program. Afterlife Assistance Agency. Agents (Dafoe?)can extricate you from a bad situations if you cannot draw a door. It costs you a help voucher, which of course, are limited. Officers of the afterlife are referenced strongly as being able to take action when you break rules also. There are 10 rules in regards to the living and the dead.

Time and how it affects/doesn't the afterlife is a concern that comes up again and again. It seems to indicate that the receptionist of the afterlife may be different and that once again some kind of nonlinear time is in play.

Notes continued.

There is a huge section on the role of your case worker, how to contact them, and their role. They both act as guide, advocate(!!), and authority in disciplinary matters (!!) Also:

They can help you facilitate and start the paper work on wait for it...reincarnation and transmigration!!! So that's a thing.

Whelp, looks like I got a new book to put on the 'shopping cart' list now.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 20 Jul  2023, 00:58Whelp, looks like I got a new book to put on the 'shopping cart' list now.
Highly recommended to fans. Just wait until you get to the BioExorcist chapters and it describes what they actually are. Even though it confirmed my suspicions it made my blood chill.
Also dream visiting comes up again and again. Contacting loved ones, the risks, etc.

Tim Burton was interviewed the other day. There were only two days of shooting left when the strike went into effect so no one is panicking.

Tue, 14 Nov 2023, 16:47 #88 Last Edit: Wed, 15 Nov 2023, 17:35 by Gotham Knight
big spoilers ahead. Below is a (leaked?) first look at BJ himself.

Wed, 15 Nov 2023, 17:31 #89 Last Edit: Wed, 15 Nov 2023, 17:33 by Gotham Knight
BJ photo attached to this post now.

Spoilers:

Willem Dafoe stars as Wolf Jackson in 'BEETLEJUICE 2'

He's an actor who starred in a 70s cop franchise. Now serving as the Afterlife police chief to relive his glory days.

Jenna Ortega stars as Astrid in 'BEETLEJUICE 2'

She's 16, attends a boarding school, and hates her mom's (Lydia) supernatural show.

Justin Theroux stars as Rory in 'BEETLEJUICE 2'

Rory is Lydia's manager/fiance who hopes to tie the knot on Halloween.