Fans launch #ReleaseTheSnyderCut website

Started by The Laughing Fish, Wed, 17 Jan 2018, 13:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Fake news, click-bait and a misquote all in one go.

You're an inspiration to us all, Movie Web.

I can't believe nobody else mentioned it yet, but anyway: last weekend at a Q&A fan convention, Zack Snyder confirmed his cut of JL does exist, even going so far to say "he has a bunch of 'em", but suggests it's up to Warner Butchers to release it. Not a huge surprise considering the likes of Jay Oliva has been keeping up the good fight on social media for over a year.

But there's a fair bit more going. The following post recaps everything what Snyder revealed to the crowd of fans:

But an important note to mention is that this Snyder cut was not the original plan. Chris Terrio and Zack Snyder had written Justice League (part I) before BvS was even released in theaters. But due to the backlash of BvS, however, this frightened everyone involved, and they had to do major rewrites. The script (of the rewrites) is what was shot; it is the true "Snyder Cut." But we all know what happened to that movie. So once again, these outlets, bloggers and reporters are incorrect, and they're just writing click bait to stir up the fan-base, add fuel to the fire and give the "haters" lies to spread.

In regards to the original script, WB was scared out of their minds to release something like that in theaters... "I guess it IS crazy... we're f*cking nuts. There's going to be mass hysteria in the streets if we film this apparently," Zack joked. "WHAT KIND OF CRAZY," shouted a fan, and this, ladies and gentleman would be the question to lead to answers that would electrify the crowd in a way that I've never seen.

Long story short, the Knightmare sequence from Batman v Superman would be the bridge to tie the storylines together. Darkseid has taken over Earth because Superman has succumbed to the Anti-Life Equation, a concept in DC Comics that proves hope, love, and freedom are all meaningless and something that effectively destroys a person's free will. How and why might you ask? Well, it turns out that while Lois was in the Batcave, under Bruce's protection, Darkseid boomtubes in and kills her, jump-starting the true nightmare and explaining why Superman said "She was my world, and you took her from me." To get things back to normal and escape Darkseid's reign, Bruce recalls the Flash coming to him and saying that "Lois is the key." Zack then goes on to explain that Bruce & Cyborg concoct a plan to time-jump at the perfect moment. "Which of these two windows do you think we should use," Bruce would've asked. "This one," Zack explains as Cyborg. Then Bruce would reply "Use the other one because that one you already did, and Barry Allen was in my freaking batcave yelling at me about nonsense..." They had to perfectly time saving Lois' life to prevent Superman's change.

So, one could imagine why WB didn't go with this script, especially after fans 'cried' online for months (and years) about Batman's no killing code. (Seriously, do you guys even know Batman's history or watched other Batman films?) Even so, that's besides the point. What a missed opportunity. And perhaps the most frustrating part of all is knowing that this wasn't even going to be the entire movie. People would've gotten "their Superman" and their heroes for a lot of this film. It would've been the true dawn of our heroes. But unfortunately, patience is a virtue that is lost among the masses.

Source: https://popculturereviews.com/2019/03/25/snyder-con-recap-a-weekend-of-directors-cuts/

Here is more footage of Snyder confirming everything that article said.

So there you have it. The Knightmare scene was a preview to what Justice League Part 2 would've been, and the completed Snyder cut itself is still a compromised vision. Nonetheless, he should have his true cut released to wider audiences, and fans have every right to see it.

On a sidenote, you have to admire how he entertained fans at this weeklong convention. I don't hear many Hollywood directors doing that.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

^ One more thing I forgot to say.

Snyder agreed to compromise his movie as Warner Butchers requested...and they still decided to replace with Whedon and do more reshoots. They're bastards.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

So, what does everyone else think about the original plans for a two part Justice League saga that got scrapped?

My only gripe is the time travel aspect. I got to admit, I've become tired of that trope, as it's overused in comics and live action (Arrowverse is definitely the most guilty of this). With that said, the one thing I like about the idea of Justice League going back in time to stop Darkseid from turning Superman evil, is the idea that Batman sacrifices himself to kill Darkseid, as it was rumoured ages ago. It would've been a good juxtaposition with Superman's noble sacrifice in BvS. To put in a broader context, Batman sacrificing himself to save Superman would've been a great send-off to Affleck's run. From waging war with Superman in the paranoid belief he would betray the human race, to seeing the error of his ways and stop Lex and Doomsday in the end. From reviving Superman back from the dead to stop Steppenwolf, to give his life to stop Darkseid from corrupting Superman. Instead, we only got halfway through that journey.

I noticed a lot of dickheads complained about killing Batman off on social media, but I'll tell you what, this would've been a REAL heroic sacrifice, unlike that cop-out, turn-off-your-brain nonsense we saw in Dark Knight Rises.

As for the cancelled two part saga, I've noticed some fans are accusing the MCU of stealing the idea for Avengers: Endgame, which is apparently using time travel as a major plot point. From what I can tell about the movie industry, anything is possible. I was watching the restrospective special of Tom Hanks' Big on DVD earlier this year, and the producers recalled how everybody else in the industry were aware of the production and Hanks getting involved, so these copycat movies were made first and reached the cinema by the time Big got released to the public. So how can anybody be sure the MCU producers didn't learn of the original DCEU plans and took those ideas for what their movies? After all, the Russos admitted Civil War was made because of BvS.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 21 Jul  2018, 22:36
Yeah that interview was major league BS. Oliva's more relevant comments about the actual state of Snyder's cut were conspicuously absent. It's good to know I was right to smell a rat while reading that POS article.

Now Snyder himself confirmed his cut of the movie does exist, Oliva took to Twitter once again to rub it in that hack's face for writing that hit piece for the Wall Street Journal.

Quote from: Jay Oliva
I love his "source close the the film". You know who my source was @benfritz ? Zack F'n Snyder. But hey keep up that great work there Ben.  ;D

https://twitter.com/jayoliva1/status/1111695798188666882

Savage, but totally justified.

I found this compilation video of everyone involved in the production of the movie supporting the cut's existence. It includes some footage of what I posted before in this thread.

I did hear about Ciaran Hinds saying the theatrical cut wasn't what he worked on shortly after it came out, but I couldn't tell if the source was clickbait or not. Jason Momoa's show of support was more emphatic than others, obviously.

As for those two guys from Collider changing their tune about BvS and their show of support for Zack Snyder, it's a bit too late now, isn't it? Frankly, I don't really buy their change of heart. I reckon it's a cynical ploy they're doing in order to gain clicks. After all, the majority of the people working for the site complained about the tone of Snyder's movies, but suddenly, they're not impressed with the lighter tone of Shazam and Aquaman, despite their constant complaining about the need for "fun". Now they're supposedly in favour of Snyder's JL coming out? Once again, I don't buy it. It comes across as fueling this idiotic Marvel vs DC flame war.

https://twitter.com/RTSnyderCut/status/1116393221653921793

One more thing, yes, I understand they're saying they don't have a problem with Batman killing, but don't you just love it when they refer to Burton's version as the easier target to talk about, if people aren't complaining about Batfleck? Once again, it goes to show lip service can get away with anything if you're dumb enough to believe it.

Meanwhile, the online movement is gaining momentum. A new Twitter account has created a code of conduct to ensure positive PR for the demand of the cut...

https://twitter.com/RTSnyderCut/status/1111635908892200963

...tand his coming Monday, fans are encouraged to make their voices heard on social media in support for the film.

Kind of ironic, isn't it? The song for the first JL trailer was called "Come Together", but now fans are coming together for this cause because Warner Butchers weren't honest with the marketing of the movie.

Here is this cool video re-edit of the BvS teaser trailer and the MOS "You are not alone" trailer in support of the Snyder cut, and mocking voice clips from Collider "personalities" denying its existence.

Here is a new compilation video of fans around the world asking for the release of the Snyder cut, which was posted on social media a few weeks ago.

Before I share what Zack Snyder posted yesterday, I'd like to post the following to put it in context.

Some time ago, a fan asked Snyder on Vero if he had directed the last shot we see of Cyborg during the theatrical cut's ending, where he creates the red orb on his chest.

Snyder confirmed he didn't direct that shot.

Instead, Snyder shared these images of a crestfallen Cyborg a week ago....

...and then yesterday, he shared this picture of Victor saying goodbye to Silas as his dad disintegrates, presumably moments before that picture above.

I don't know how Snyder can get away sharing spoilers of his true cut AND proving once again he didn't oversee the movie we saw in theaters, if he's still forced to keep quiet by the f***ing NDA. Nonetheless, it's quite a big revelation to share. I wonder if he'll get punished even further by those Warner scumbags?

Warner apologists will claim it's probably for the best Silas was spared in the theatrical cut because of hopes he'd appear in a Cyborg movie...which I say it's quite laughable, because the possibility of Ray Fisher walking away from the role is more than likely to happen, given the circumstances.

So why did Snyder share these pictures, other than to demonstrate his cut does exist? It might have to do with recent claims by internet scoopers who say his cut of the movie still needs $40 million to complete VFX. And this could've been Snyder's way of debunking those claims. Who really knows for sure?

But what I do know is - once again - I'm definitely NOT moving on and just blindly accept any crap Warner is putting out. I'll repeat once more, they can go to hell. Especially if they never release this cut of JL.

Don't mistake me for an attorney but my understanding is that most NDA's have an expiration date. A gag order from a judge is one thing. But an NDA is something else. Something lesser. It's not meant to be a permanent vow of silence.

If Snyder broke his NDA and shared a bunch of verboten pictures... well, I don't see how that's possible. He's the director of the movie (by credit, if nothing else) and from a legal standpoint, those images could be construed as deleted scenes. They're not his property, obviously, but it's kind of ludicrous to claim that directors don't have some kind of privilege to share information about or even photos of their films.

Now that I think about it, Snyder probably has a longer leash than anybody else involved with the production, if he even has a leash at all.