Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 18 Mar 2012, 15:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 15 May  2013, 13:14
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 14 Mar  2013, 00:31
Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 13 Mar  2013, 16:09to me the greatest poster is returns with the snowy bat symbol. it's beautiful but kind of somber and quiet and even sad almost. like this is a movie that won't have a happy ending.

does that make sense? :-[
Yep but to me what makes it work is how it's parasitic of the B89 poster. The snowy bat symbol image only really makes sense if you have an awareness of the previous poster.
Exactly. It's a perfect contrast when you look at them side by side. B89 - glorious and triumphant. BR - bleak and cold. If I saw this poster in 92 without having seen a trailer, I'd definitely be thinking this is going to be a whole different ride.

But hey, this was back in an era where posters were decent. Now they are absolutely terrible cut and paste grabs from the trailers. Lazy and cheap looking. Nothing worthy of being hung on a wall. Which is a shame, because good movies deserve better.

I liked the posters for The Avengers and Iron Man 3 - the one with Tony Stark kneeling on one knee. But the Man of Steel's posters on the other hand do feel lazy.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 15 May  2013, 15:15
I liked the posters for The Avengers and Iron Man 3 - the one with Tony Stark kneeling on one knee. But the Man of Steel's posters on the other hand do feel lazy.
I was indeed referencing the MOS posters. There's no way around it. They suck. They are pitiful. And yes, I know they have nothing to do with the film's quality. That much is obvious. But from a marketing point of view, they've dropped the ball. Especially from a relaunch point of view. The posters will do, but that's nothing spectacular, nor an acceptable attitude to have.

QuoteFichtner also talked about the nature of Shredder's new origin, which some fans may find controversial. "Well I play a guy named Eric Sachs, and we find out that Eric Sachs is somebody else too," he said. "I can't give away too much in the story but I can tell you that who Shredder is in the telling of this Turtles is unlike any telling of the story before. His connection and relationship to the Turtles is a bit surprising, and for an actor playing it, the backstory, which comes out in this film, is really intriguing... We made some changes while filming that I thought are just awesome.

"Shredder dons himself with armor, and that's who he is and that happens in this story. It's the backstory on how it all began with the turtles, that the character of Eric Sachs... It's not by chance that he knows the Turtles."
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/ninja-turtles-star-william-fichtner-talks-shredder

So no Oroku Saki then?  :(

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 16 May  2013, 03:03
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 15 May  2013, 15:15
I was indeed referencing the MOS posters. There's no way around it. They suck. They are pitiful. And yes, I know they have nothing to do with the film's quality. That much is obvious. But from a marketing point of view, they've dropped the ball. Especially from a relaunch point of view. The posters will do, but that's nothing spectacular, nor an acceptable attitude to have.

Here's how bad those posters are: the posters for Superman III (which are numerous) and IV are way more exciting to look at. Period.

Some new material that's come along.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Thu, 30 Jan 2014, 11:12 #55 Last Edit: Thu, 30 Jan 2014, 11:15 by GBglide
Yay! Teenage Mutant Ninja Douchebags!  :P

Seriously, all that loose stuff they are wearing would just make noise. Sunglasses on a chain?  >:(

I dunno about you guys but i sure love their designs cause to me it matches their personalities quite right also i really really love shredders designs so i'm looking forward toward this reboot!  :D
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

have there been any pics of megan as april?

idk about the new look of the turtles. :-\

btw the show is great, i giggle my ass off. i would totally date michelangelo. big mutant turtle dealio and all.

found some on google. she looks adorbs!

I don't like how the turtle aesthetic. They're bloated and silly looking.

I liked the characters a bit when I was a little kid. Now, not so much. The concept has never, ever been done justice and I often think "just give it a rest."