"in the duck!"

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 6 Oct 2014, 23:13

Previous topic - Next topic
i love this line, lol. it's so absurd, one grown "man" telling another grown man to get in his giant duck car, and at the same time the scene is so freaking intense that if you aren't paying attention it will slip right past you. it sums up part of why this movie is so great, its darkly and deadly humor. so twisted. so tim burton.

I like it when he pokes the 'great white dope' (i.e. Chip Shreck) in his (not inconsiderable) belly.  The 'little prince' is still clutching his stomach in pain as he watches the duck, and his father, disappear for the last time.  ;D
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I just love it when the rubber duck car with Penguin is rising out of the floor after the explosion and probably deaths of some of those people. The music is seriously scary but what we are seeing is comically absurd. No one can do this better than Tim Burton.

"You didn't invite me! So I crashed!"

And the dumb Penguin had to do this for his ego not realizing that Batman was there out of his batsuit and heard the whole thing. If Penguin had been more humble his plan might have succeeded.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Wed, 10 Dec  2014, 03:23
I just love it when the rubber duck car with Penguin is rising out of the floor after the explosion and probably deaths of some of those people. The music is seriously scary but what we are seeing is comically absurd. No one can do this better than Tim Burton.

And the dumb Penguin had to do this for his ego not realizing that Batman was there out of his batsuit and heard the whole thing. If Penguin had been more humble his plan might have succeeded.

A little subtlety could have helped a lot of villains lol.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Wed, 10 Dec  2014, 03:23

I never thought as the Penguin as 'dumb'.  He wanted to publicly announce the kidnap of the children to Gotham's elite in order to make them suffer.

And it was a dumb thing for him to do because if Penguin used his brain he would've figured there'd be a good chance Batman would be at the party. It's the same reasoning Two Face used in the next movie when he threatened to blow up everyone at the circus. Batman must be a member of Gotham's elite in order to be able to afford all of his "toys" and to have the time, training and education to be Batman. Therefore there would be a good chance he was at Max's party and at the charity circus.

I see Penguin as being like a 15 year old boy. He knows what to do to accomplish his will but he lacks common sense and good judgment at times especially when his ego and his desire to be approved of and "accepted" is concerned. He absolutely has to brag, gloat and have the last laugh. And this cost him everything. Pride goes before a fall.

He didn't need to tell the world what he was doing while it was still possible for someone to stop it. The elite of Gotham would've suffered plenty when they found out their first born sons were all dead and nothing could bring them back.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Thu, 11 Dec  2014, 00:08
And it was a dumb thing for him to do because if Penguin used his brain he would've figured there'd be a good chance Batman would be at the party. It's the same reasoning Two Face used in the next movie when he threatened to blow up everyone at the circus. Batman must be a member of Gotham's elite in order to be able to afford all of his "toys" and to have the time, training and education to be Batman. Therefore there would be a good chance he was at Max's party and at the charity circus.

I see Penguin as being like a 15 year old boy. He knows what to do to accomplish his will but he lacks common sense and good judgment at times especially when his ego and his desire to be approved of and "accepted" is concerned. He absolutely has to brag, gloat and have the last laugh. And this cost him everything. Pride goes before a fall.

He didn't need to tell the world what he was doing while it was still possible for someone to stop it. The elite of Gotham would've suffered plenty when they found out their first born sons were all dead and nothing could bring them back.
For a guy who was raised in the sewers and as a circus freak, and thus deprived of a formal education, he seemed a lot smarter and savvier than plenty of Gothamites who were raised in more conventional and/or privileged circumstances.

I think Penguin is just a naturally intelligent and clever person. A person can be uneducated and come from poverty and still be naturally smart. Also, a person like the Ice Princess can come from what I think is wealth and privilege and probably have ideal educational opportunities open to her and yet she is just stupid and ignorant by nature. Gotham City in these four movies seem to have more than their fair share of stupid people. You've got a few smart good people like Bruce, Alfred, Selina and maybe Gordon on a good day and a bunch of smart but evil people. It's the sheep versus the wolves. And Batman is the good shepherd. The sheep are easily fooled by the wolves into thinking that they're the good guys and the shepherd is the villain. What a headache being Batman must be for Bruce.

Saw BR this past Saturday night and I definitely laughed hard at the "in the duck" line. I've seen BR countless times but this line along with others, always gets me. It was a spark of humour in an otherwise deadly situation.