Carrey's Riddler

Started by The Dark Knight, Tue, 4 Nov 2008, 07:56

Previous topic - Next topic
I think Jim was a good fit for the character. That being said I still think the character could be done better, however I think Jim was a good fit for Forever. I would admit that Jim Carrey was pretty much playing typical Jim Carrey as far as the over the top thing goes, but in my opinion it's kind of like a Nicholson's Joker situation, where the actors persona and style seems to just fit the character.

Overall, I liked his version of the character, however I think the character could be done better, and given the right material I think Carrey could have been even a tad bit better.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 10 Nov  2008, 08:12
Quote from: Sandman on Sun,  9 Nov  2008, 23:47
How could he do that what a utter fool, he had perfect and still so far most accurate Two-Face on a little show called BTAS.
Bingo.  In terms of adaptations, BTAS's Two Face remains top dog.
IYO that is, its not a fact, I also like the Two-Face from BTAS, but I hate how he was drawn and looked kinda fat in the face, it wasnt as impressive as most make it out to be, which isnt saying it isnt good either. Eckhart is the best for me, he has the look and the feel for how I feel TF should really be.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Wed, 12 Nov 2008, 07:14 #32 Last Edit: Thu, 13 Nov 2008, 06:51 by Sandman
Yes there is no fact that TAS was more accurate, just like there's no fact that TDK was more accurate. Although TAS did look abit odd, he was prob more close (imo) because he actually was a Badguy, while TDK Two-Face was more a vigilante.

Anyway where getting off topic again this is about Riddler not Two-Face, Love Carrey's Riddler or Hate it, but be glad Schumacher choose him, Michael Jackson did everything possible to try and get the role, but Schumacher just ignored him.

Michael Jackson, thats frickin weird!

Took you this long to figure out Michael Jackson is weird lol.

Michael Jackson in a Batman film?! That could actually be inspired casting, since the guy is already a freak. There'd be no acting required.

Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 13 Nov  2008, 06:53
No I actually love Michael Jackson to be honest, I thought it was weird he was trying to get into being in a batman film I never heard that before, Jacko was really good in The Wiz even though that film is really out there.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri, 14 Nov  2008, 02:43
No I actually love Michael Jackson to be honest, I thought it was weird he was trying to get into being in a batman film I never heard that before, Jacko was really good in The Wiz even though that film is really out there.

Moonwalker is a great movie.

Fri, 14 Nov 2008, 22:21 #38 Last Edit: Sun, 16 Nov 2008, 04:22 by Sandman

Strange enough wasn't The Wiz made by Joel Schumacher?.

Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 14 Nov  2008, 22:21

Strabge enough wasn't The Wiz made by Joel Schumacher?.

No actually it was made by Sidney Lumet