Carrey's Riddler

Started by The Dark Knight, Tue, 4 Nov 2008, 07:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh your right, i got confused since JS wrote the "screenplay".

Quote from: Sandman on Sun, 16 Nov  2008, 04:20
Oh your right, i got confused since JS wrote the "screenplay".
Crazy Crazy stuff!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I didnt care much for his Riddler, But his Edward Nygma was awesome....Aside from the man crush for Bruce Wayne.

Quote from: Proximo on Sat, 13 Dec  2008, 21:34
I didnt care much for his Riddler, But his Edward Nygma was awesome....Aside from the man crush for Bruce Wayne.

haha he acted like a fruitcake, Nygma always seemed to me more like a deep dark depressed intelligent kinda guy, not a bright loud eccentric guy.

True, I should been more specific.
The scene where Bruce walks away and they show a crazy close up of Jim and he says.... "You were supposed to understand.......I'll make you understand."
That was the only time i think he nailed it, Riddler was obviously not potrayed as he should. But in some scenes i think he did a great job, Mostly as he was Edward.

I can somewhat agree with that!

Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 06:10 #46 Last Edit: Tue, 3 Mar 2009, 20:40 by The Detective
I wish Carrey had played the insane yet smooth Riddler that was in recent comics & in B:TAS. It seemed like he was playing Frank Gorshin's Riddler, Ace Ventura, & the Mask combined. I also hated how he wears that white spandex outfit toward the film's end. He should've worn the formal suit with the bowler hat.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Fri, 16 Jan  2009, 06:10
I wish Carrey had played the insane yet smooth Riddler that was in recent comics & in B:TAS. It seemed like he was playing Frank Gorshin's Riddler, Ace Ventura, & the Mask combined. I also hated how he wears that white spandex outfit toward the film's end. He should've worn the formal suit with the bowler hat.
Well he did nwear an outift similar to that, when he breaks into Two-Faces hideout.

the riddler was always one of my favorites as a kid, and this movie turned me off to anything Riddler for a very long time. Thank you, Jim Carrey, for destroying my childhood.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Tue, 3 Mar 2009, 20:43 #49 Last Edit: Tue, 3 Mar 2009, 20:46 by The Detective
Quote from: gordonblu on Tue,  3 Mar  2009, 15:32
the riddler was always one of my favorites as a kid, and this movie turned me off to anything Riddler for a very long time. Thank you, Jim Carrey, for destroying my childhood.

It's really the script's fault. Carrey was just doing his job. I wish he would have portrayed a serious Riddler (like in B:TAS) instead of a zany Riddler, but again, it's the script's fault, not his.