The Batman SPOILER Thread!

Started by Travesty, Mon, 24 Jan 2022, 17:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 29 Mar  2022, 02:15I'm leaning towards Joker raising more hell, but it's a close call. Flooding the city gives Riddler a lot of points.
TDK's Joker tried to get others "off the bench". TB's Riddler actually succeeded.

The answer seems pretty obvious to me.

It's not so cut and dried for me on that front. The Joker did have likeminded people working for him on the street. The crew on board the 'slaughter is the best medicine' truck, the people who fire the cables to destroy the helicopter, and the team dispersed throughout the skyscraper. They would be adherents to his philosophy in the same way Riddler's followers would be. Joker also managed to tempt everyday people in to killing Reese to avoid the hospital destruction. The true test for both would be in legacy terms. If the devotion continues long after their leader's arrest and if other people join up.

Finally saw it, and glad I did. Is it me, or when Falcone got shot, Robert Pattinson look is very similar to Keatons right before he drops Jack in the vat of chemicals.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 29 Mar  2022, 02:55
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 29 Mar  2022, 02:15I'm leaning towards Joker raising more hell, but it's a close call. Flooding the city gives Riddler a lot of points.
TDK's Joker tried to get others "off the bench". TB's Riddler actually succeeded.

The answer seems pretty obvious to me.
Yeah, I would agree. I think the Riddler's created more hell in Gotham. I don't even think it's a contest. I think he created more destruction and chaos that Bane or Ra's, too.

I mean, he flooded the city and thousands of people are dead. That's the most destruction we've seen in a live action movie, IMO.

Wed, 30 Mar 2022, 14:13 #44 Last Edit: Wed, 30 Mar 2022, 14:20 by The Dark Knight
The flooding does give The Riddler a lot of points. Before that moment I probably feel the Joker created a bigger sense of unease in the general public. But overall, no other live action villain hits Batman or Gotham as comprehensively as Bane, or for such a sustained period of time.

Takes down Bruce Wayne's finances
Defeats Batman and imprisons him in a foreign country
Steals his armory and uses it against Gotham
Let criminals out of jail and gives them firearms
Cuts Gotham off from the rest of the world
Traps the Police Force underground
Keeps people locked in their homes out of fear
Had a nuclear weapon as leverage
Destroys a stadium as a show of force
Reveals political corruption
Starts a class war by targeting the rich
Kills the Mayor
Kills special forces operatives and has them displayed

Bane gave Gotham and Bruce a sense of long term hopelessness that the other villains don't match. It's a slow burn misery that I would hate to live through, which makes the answer seem pretty obvious to me.

Just verified the movie is up on HBO Max. Might rewatch it this coming weekend.

I'm rewatching it tonight.

Hell, I may watch it every night this week.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 18 Apr  2022, 15:58
I'm rewatching it tonight.

Hell, I may watch it every night this week.
I wondered about that. But it's kind of a lulu in terms of runtime. Plus, I just realized that some King Kong movies are on HBO Max too. So, I was planning to watch some Kong movies this week.

As for the weekend, we'll see.

When Batman egnited the flare and walks on with the people of Gotham, I wonder if this track from Returns was used as a temp. Even in the theatres I was like "this feels like Penguins death"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni7p_jgbsvs&list=PLohYzz4btpaSU_9e8GKyykAytEgd8MM8X&index=24

Some parts do feel very Elfman

I'm giving a shout out to the single best shot of Gotham since the Burton era.

It has a similar energy to B89's Gotham with cars and people lining the street, making it feel alive.

It has the neon of Schumacher while simply depicting locations such as Times Square or Piccadilly Circus.

The surrounding areas remain dark and dingy with contemporary Nolan buildings in the background.

A real world that oozes atmosphere and merges eras - that's the achievement of Reeves and Fraser.