Batwoman: SPOILER

Started by Dagenspear, Mon, 18 May 2020, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 18 May 2020, 08:34 Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2020, 08:46 by Dagenspear
For anyone who may or may not watch Batwoman, someone has been cast for a role this season finale and it may continue into the next season.

HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILER: Warren Christie has been cast as the apparent face of Batwoman Bruce Wayne, but on the character of Tommy Elliot AKA Hush.

Thoughts?

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Not a big surprise. She took a lot of crap (for some reason) after accepting the role. I never thought she was all that great (what little I ever saw). Judging by the ratings, the show must've joined the Witness Protection Program or something because nobody's seen it.

With Rose out of the picture, don't be too surprised if the show gets cancelled. A year ago, it might've been easy to replace a series lead. But it ain't a year ago.

I think she left because they offered her less money due to the ratings and the virus that originated in China.

Either way, I don't care. The show was terrible.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 20 May  2020, 00:17I think she left because they offered her less money due to the ratings and the virus that originated in China.
Fair enough, I didn't know about the salary bit.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 20 May  2020, 00:17Either way, I don't care. The show was terrible.
When you're right, you're right.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 20 May  2020, 00:17
I think she left because they offered her less money due to the ratings and the virus that originated in China.
Zing.

Either way, I don't care. The show was terrible.
Double zing.

She suffered serious injuries while filming the show, and it nearly left her paralysed. Deadline may speculate that wasn't the reason for her departure, but I'm sure that HAD to have an impact.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 19 May  2020, 23:55
Not a big surprise. She took a lot of crap (for some reason) after accepting the role.

By all accounts, it appears she was targeted by SJWs for "not being gay enough", or whatever pronoun she used that irked her critics. The anti-SJWs took the piss out of the show for its apparent Batman-hating agenda, but I don't think she was a target exactly.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

This is quite a scandal: Ruby Rose has condemned WBTV over abusive working conditions. The accusations are pretty disturbing.

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-ruby-rose-horrifying-set-conditions-slams-wbtv-berlanti/

Yet another PR black eye for the Warner brand.

Holy crap, that sounds like a tasty selection of lawsuits and court orders right there.

Two sides to every story, I know. But if Rose is telling the truth then it's hard to picture how the production side of the story can possibly improve things very much.

The Arrowverse has been on the ropes for a while now anyway. This is probably the biggest black eye they've gotten in a while but it's far from the only one.