RIP Johnny Duncan (Batman and Robin)

Started by BatmAngelus, Mon, 15 Feb 2016, 20:29

Previous topic - Next topic
The second actor who played Dick Grayson, Johnny Duncan, has died at age 92.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/johnny-duncan-dead-robin-batman-865317

Duncan was 26 at the time, making him the first of the "adult" live action Robins (Burt Ward and Chris O'Donnell were also in their twenties). I realize I haven't posted anything about the serials but what I appreciated most of the Batman and Robin serial was that Robin was pretty much played straight. He was the opposite of the Burt Ward "whiny" Robin that would become famous decades later. He was shown to be a capable partner to the Dark Knight.

Rest in peace, Mr. Duncan.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I have yet to see the serials, but this post, though not good news, makes me wish I did see them. R.I.P. Mr. Duncan.

I need to see the 40s serials.

It's sad news but he was 92, so at least he lived a long life.  :)

RIP.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Rest In Peace

I'm not as familiar with the second Batman serial as I am with the 1943 Batman Columbia serial, but I've watched some of the episodes Johnny Duncan appeared in as Robin (certainly a more mature Robin at that), and thought he did a serviceable job for the time.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."