Mystery of the Batwoman

Started by Catwoman, Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 14:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Finally saw this movie this morning. For a long time it just never interested me, I guess because I heard about it years after it came out and was like "Meh." But I decided to give it a viewing and of course I loved it. :)

I never cared a lot for that kind of animation/drawing the characters or the new styles so that was a downside but everything else was great. Three women going for revenge and working together? Count me in ;D lol. I loved how it befuddled Batman and then piece by piece by piece he put it together. I know I was lost as a freaking Easter Egg until they all met in their hideout together. The crap on the ship went on a little long (how many times did that f***ing thing blow up?) but otherwise I loved it start to finish. And who knew Penguin's girls could fight?!

Was this a one time thing that was supposed to be a one time thing or were there like plans to do other movies in the TNBA style and it just never happened? And why were the voices of The Penguin and Robin and Bane different? The actors are all alive today (even though we have lost Alfred and the Commish and Rupert Thorne :( moment of silence..........ok) so they should have been available then?

That's a great question. I honestly wish we had the answer.

Amazingly, this movie came out in 2003, more than four years after the actual series ended in 1999. This gave hope that the original Batman in the DCAU could live on (either through movies or bringing the show back), but sadly, this movie was the end of it. The series actually was being carried on up to that point through the comics and video games. Batman Beyond and Batman TAS were both ended rather unceremoniously. I'm still holding out hope for another chapter, or at least some more closure than what we got.

As for the voices... I don't know. Henry Silva had the perfect Bane voice by TNBA/Superman (he toned back on the heavy accent from his original appearance), and he was really scary and growly. Robin was more or less similar, but I never understood the change. Maybe Matthew Valencia sounded too old after four years.

Bane and Robin were ok. Penguin wad atrocious. Paul Williams was PERFECT in the role

It was an alright film, but I prefer Mask of the Phantasm and even Sub-Zero. But it was still a good idea to re-imagine Batwoman as three women in disguise: one who wanted to get revenge over the Penguin for framing her fiance, the other is a daughter of another crime boss and their detective friend. Having Betty Kane as the alter ego would've been redundant because we have already seen a Bat 'girl'.

Did anyone else get the hint that Bruce Wayne and Barbara Gordon hooked up once during that awkward telephone call? 

;)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The phone call was one of the best parts! Bruce finally lying his way out of the call was hilarious. Love seeing the World's Greatest Detective blush ;)

And I definitely prefer Mask of the Phantasm too. It's my fave Bat movie this side of Batman Returns.