Prince Makes Peace with Warner Music

Started by Furstmobile, Fri, 25 Apr 2014, 17:04

Previous topic - Next topic
http://variety.com/2014/music/news/prince-makes-peace-with-warner-music-sets-new-album-and-reissues-1201159487/

They want to do a 30th anniversary release of Purple Rain and are planning more reissues in the future.

Is a Batman Album reissue a possibility? A remaster with some bonus tracks would be awesome. I'd love a Prince approved Dance with the Devil.

Hopefully this might also mean he may take it upon himself to perform some of the songs LIVE again, which he hasn't done in some years now. He couldn't even list the Batman album on his concert tour t-shirts due to Warner's sticky rights with the Batman character. The tour he performed them on is apparently the 1990 "Nude Tour". The tour programme featured a section focused on Batman itself which looked quite cool. I haven't seen many fans who own this.

I have an old cd featuring much longer versions of "Partyman" and "Feel U Up" (also a picture dic LP with Prince dressed as The Joker which I bought at an old collectibles shop). The longer "Partyman" also has a longer music video than that which is seen on the Batman dvd including a groovy saxophone solo from one of Prince's musical babes. There is a funny and catchy backing vocal track of wonderful Joker-esque "Hey! Ho's!" throughout the sax solo. I think it's better than what is on the main album.

"Dance with the Devil" used to be on youtube and there was a much different instrumental mix of "Vicki Waiting" once there too. Completely different than the album, it was actually the proper music that plays at Bruce Wayne's "Save the Festival" party near the begining of the film. If you listen carefully when Alfred picks up Bruce's champayne glass you can also hear "Electric Chair" start up in the background. So more Prince songs are in the movie than fans think!

The following showed up on a Madonna facebook page of all places. William Orbit, who is known for collaborating with her, did a remix of "The Future". Here it is. I think it's a little better than the album. Potential reissue extras are out there!