Cat Chewing On A Real Hand?

Started by lifesabitch, Tue, 19 Apr 2016, 04:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Was that cat chewing on a real hand, or was it fake? This of course is in the scene where Selina is lying unconscious in the ally. I would love to know how they achieved that effect. It was so gruesome.

Quote from: lifesabitch on Tue, 19 Apr  2016, 04:01
Was that cat chewing on a real hand, or was it fake? This of course is in the scene where Selina is lying unconscious in the ally. I would love to know how they achieved that effect. It was so gruesome.
Apparently the actor Blake Hudson (1944-1988) donated his body to Hollywood which was subsequently frozen before parts of it were used, as appropriate, for various films, including his hand for Batman Returns' 'finger chewing sequence'.  I also understand various parts of his body were used for the bravura Normandy Beach landing sequence in Saving Private Ryan.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 19 Apr  2016, 04:35
Apparently the actor Blake Hudson (1944-1988) donated his body to Hollywood which was subsequently frozen before parts of it were used, as appropriate, for various films, including his hand for Batman Returns' 'finger chewing sequence'.  I also understand various parts of his body were used for the bravura Normandy Beach landing sequence in Saving Private Ryan.

Do you have a source for this? It sounds hard to believe.

Ug that scene makes my fingers hurt.

You silly fools. That's not a hand. It just looks like a hand. It's actually.....yeah, okay, that's a hand.

trivia from the imdb

QuoteIn order to get the cats to surround Selina when she's knocked out, the filmmakers put tuna on a dummy version of Selina and tuna on Selina's suit.

I remember reading that. I made the mistake of telling my sister when we lived together. Was taking a nap one day and woke up with our kitty having a tuna delight on my stomach. She said it was the "dummy version" of me. I was not happy.-