Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Started by Grissom, Sat, 29 Nov 2014, 18:22

Previous topic - Next topic
It looks amazing but I need someone to tell me for sure that Luke hasn't fallen to the dark side and is Kylo Ren. I couldn't handle that.

I also need some info on the rebel pilot. I've seen a toy of him and I've seen him in the trailer and....yes please. lol.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue, 20 Oct  2015, 18:25
I hope the film is closer to the originals.  :)

That's what they're going for! That's why they shot on location and used real effects instead of CGI. BB-8 (the adorable little droid that's like a soccer ball lol) is basically the world's coolest remote control toy ever instead of some pixels on a computer screen. I know George Lucas loved his computer effects and how limitless they are but CGI effects over done like that are so....cold. There's like a warmth or whatever to real special effects, toy models, stuff like that.

Make sense?

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 20 Oct  2015, 23:22
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue, 20 Oct  2015, 18:25
I hope the film is closer to the originals.  :)

That's what they're going for! That's why they shot on location and used real effects instead of CGI. BB-8 (the adorable little droid that's like a soccer ball lol) is basically the world's coolest remote control toy ever instead of some pixels on a computer screen. I know George Lucas loved his computer effects and how limitless they are but CGI effects over done like that are so....cold. There's like a warmth or whatever to real special effects, toy models, stuff like that.

Make sense?

It makes perfect sense. The original films were among the best action-adventure stuff I ever saw. They did well to look for inspiration there. We know what they did when they tried something else in films. And unfortunately I only saw those three films in the cinema, and the originals on TV.

I've already purchased tickets. Could have done it online, but decided to just go to the local theater and get 'em from there. Being that there will be a few early showings on the 17th, as opposed to the 18th, I already know what I'll be doing the night of my birthday.

Outstanding!  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Ordering mine tonight, getting the rest of the head count. Can't waaaaaaaaaait.

Oh, happy early birthday Mista J. ;)

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 21 Oct  2015, 15:12
Ordering mine tonight, getting the rest of the head count. Can't waaaaaaaaaait.

Oh, happy early birthday Mista J. ;)

Thanks!  ;)  8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 21 Oct  2015, 07:43

I've already purchased tickets. Could have done it online, but decided to just go to the local theater and get 'em from there. Being that there will be a few early showings on the 17th, as opposed to the 18th, I already know what I'll be doing the night of my birthday.

Outstanding!  ;D
Happy Birthday Mr. J.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Thanks Johnny.  8)

So what does everyone think of the new poster?

Sun, 25 Oct 2015, 00:03 #18 Last Edit: Sun, 25 Oct 2015, 04:52 by thecolorsblend
The Apathy Awakens. I just don't care very much about this movie.

I mean, if it was a straight up nostalgia fest where we had another adventure with Luke, Han and Leia, I'd be there with freaking bells on. Hell, that's what I originally thought this movie was going to be. Or if it was something totally separate and set, like, 10,000 years after Return of the Jedi, I'd be fine with that too.

What I don't want to see is a Crystal Skull-lite thing where the old cast passes the baton to some babyfaced CW-friendly cast of pretty 20-somethings. That would be retarded and I don't care to see that.

Just. Don't. Care.

If you're looking forward to this movie, God bless. Really. But more and more this is looking like something I won't be much into.

I won't jump on the bandwagon for this one either, I'll try to watch it hoping for a good movie but not with high expectations.