How old were you when Batman TAS first aired?

Started by HarryCanyon, Fri, 28 Dec 2012, 14:27

Previous topic - Next topic

I was 11 when it debuted on Fox as i was waiting since the last year on Starlog when the animated Batman show was announced as i couldn't wait and i saw that sneak preview episode "On Leather Wings" on primetime in late August of 92 and it satisfied me as i taped every episode since including the WB seasons when i was a teen, me and my bigger brother dug the show as sometimes my mom too.

I was four or five when I first saw it. Strangely I never watched it as much as say the Marvel shows (X-men, Spider-Man). It was always harder to catch on tv in the UK. I don't recall it being a weekly thing.

British fans may remember there was a Saturday morning live kids show that dealt around Warner Bros properties on a channel called ITV. Batman was shown on this and I saw several episodes but really not a great deal in the show's prime. What may be irritating to some however is they use to pause the action and then go back to all the studio guests and stuff for competitions/interviews and what not. For example a ludicrous break came in "If your so smart why aren't you rich". When Mockridge first saw The Riddler in shadow the episode was halted. It never resumed until later in the show (a good 25 mins).

I do remember it was on this live show I saw the first footage of Batman Returns (the scene of Catwoman whipping at the mannequins). I wish someone had that footage somewhere. I've looked. It was clearly a promotional. Often ITV had a segment on Saturday evenings called Cartoon Time before their major prime time shows of the day. Usually Looney Tunes but from time to time a Batman cartoon got the slot. "The Mechanic" being one.