Ghostbusters trailer *Brand New* (2016)

Started by Grissom, Thu, 3 Mar 2016, 14:14

Previous topic - Next topic

^This pretty much sums up it all up. Imagine how much an actual Ghostbusters 3 would've made, as opposed to Feigbusters which is struggling to get past even "Spy" numbers?!

I can take some solace in knowing all the dissension will pass, and eventually the "film" will become a distant memory like other sh*tty remakes, and the original films, especially the 1984 GB, will continue to be the go to films. Much like how any GB merch going forward is going to be, unsurprisingly, based on GB1+2, rather than Feigbusters.

Oh, and .....

Quote from: Paul Feig"As opening day approaches, Feig can't help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. "A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that's probably low," he says. "But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, 'See, a tentpole can't be carried by female leads' " — three of whom are over 40. "I cashed in all my chips," he says. "I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn't work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail."

Couldn't happen to a nicer dick.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'll bail out Schumacher. The rest can stay in.

it looks like the IMDB rating is settling around 5.5 for now; slightly below where it belongs due to the massive amount of 1 votes from people who didnt see it it but still quite a bit below the 6.5 the maligned second film has.

Now we've discussed how Sony announced another film likely as a marketing ploy but supposedly the rumour de jour is the next film will indeed be a sequel to the first two films.

Quote from: riddler on Tue,  2 Aug  2016, 18:57
Now we've discussed how Sony announced another film likely as a marketing ploy but supposedly the rumour de jour is the next film will indeed be a sequel to the first two films.
Even without Harold Ramis?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  2 Aug  2016, 19:01
Quote from: riddler on Tue,  2 Aug  2016, 18:57
Even without Harold Ramis?

There's no confirmation that any of the original ghostbusters will appear but the film itself is supposed to be set in the same universe. This 2016 film is presumably not in the same universe as it's never brought up by any characters that ghosts in new York had ever been a problem of that magnitude before or that ghostbusting had ever been done.

though I don't understand how they can have a remake and a sequel somehow achieving their goal of a shared universe?

Quote from: The Joker on Tue,  2 Aug  2016, 04:31
Imagine how much an actual Ghostbusters 3 would've made, as opposed to Feigbusters which is struggling to get past even "Spy" numbers?!

I try not to think about how amazing a real Ghostbusters 3 could have been, particularly if it had been made back in the nineties. I've been wanting to see that my whole life. :(

Instead we got this: a pitiful box office flop and a tie-in game so bad it literally bankrupted the developer just three days after release: http://kotaku.com/ghostbusters-developer-fireforge-games-goes-bankrupt-1784625739

Oh, Sony, Sony, Sony.

James Rolfe reviews Ghostbusters. The Real Ghostbusters. I think a lot of people who were never really into the franchise (e.g. Paul Feig) underestimate just how rich the mythology was. This video brings it home:

Never watched this series so there's no nostalgia involved like with the movies, but it's always interesting watching Rolfe talking Ghostbusters.

Excuse me for the opening paragraph, I'm just the messenger.

Ghostbusters director Paul Feig says he won't reboot any more Hollywood classics

Petulant man babies can sleep easy in their single beds after Ghostbusters director Paul Feig confirmed that he won't be rebooting any more Hollywood classics.

Speaking during an interview with The Huffington Post, Feig confirmed that he wouldn't consider a new take on any other iconic films – and said that he was attracted to Ghostbusters because of the project's 'exciting' possibilities.

Ruling himself out, Feig said: 'No, no, no. No, I will not.

'This one was just too tempting because I knew we could do something with it that was exciting.'

Feig's comments came after the release of Ghostbusters last month – with the film receiving positive reviews, despite a concerted campaign to derail the film's success that was launched by detractors who took exception to the film's female leads.

After the film was released, lead star Leslie Jones also found herself at the centre of a campaign of racial slurs and online abuse.

After directly addressing the attacks, she left the site for a short while.

She said: 'It's so sad, most of these comments sound like they are from ignorant children.

'You have to hate yourself to put out that type of hate. I mean on my worst day I can't think of this type of put out.
'I don't know how to feel. I'm numb. Actually numb. I see the words and pics and videos. Videos y'all. Meaning people took time to spew hate.'

But director Feig was among the first to defend her, saying: 'Leslie Jones is one of the greatest people I know. Any personal attacks against her are attacks against us all. #LoveForLeslieJ.'

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/08/ghostbusters-director-paul-feig-says-he-wont-reboot-any-more-hollywood-classics-6054151/#ixzz4Gk9qnXlY

The motives behind this remake sounded dubious to say the least, but there's no excuse for racial abuse against this actress. Oh well, they don't speak for the majority of the fans.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei