Retrospective look at Batman Forever

Started by Paul (ral), Thu, 17 Jan 2013, 12:28

Previous topic - Next topic
Oliver Harper's Retrospectives / Reviews (https://www.facebook.com/groups/370105659683174/?group_id=0) do fascinating looks at classic and cult movies.

Olly has now focused on Batman Forever!

I'd like to watch this but I'm a tad fed up with hearing people having what seems to be a constant moan about the Shumacher films with the same old bullsh*t. Is any of that present here? Because you just can't seem to have a discussion about those 2 without having to lie and pretend you hate them with all your heart, just to pander to the tastes of whiny others.

Batman Forever at least deserves a better respect (it was the no 1 movie at the time). How can comic fans favor movies about say The Punisher against something that at least really achieved great success? Frankly I believe there are worser comic book films out there garnering overrated (to say the least) respect.

Actually he's more of a "BF apologist"! Nice review, though I'm fed up with those that say "BR was a triumph of style over substance". The moment he says BR was a bit like "many recent Burton movies" (possibly implying a certain 2010 movie some of us refuse to mention by name) he went overboard, LOL. Other than that, his retrospectives are really nice.