Most disturbing scene?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Mon, 2 Jul 2018, 13:04

Previous topic - Next topic
For me, this remains the most unsettling image of B89. It makes me laugh how people dismiss Nicholson's Joker for being 'campy', when he did committed crimes of this chilling nature.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Yup, it's a scene a bring up all the time. That to me is pure Joker. He kills a guy laughing with a Joker gag/weapon.

I just hope this new Joaquin Phoenix movie goes to a more classic Joker, and not a watered down version, like Nolan's or the Azzarello graphic novel. 

I have a thing about throats so probably the quill pen for me. Makes me cringe like crazy even nearly 30 years later.

As for the joy buzzer scene, I feel like I'm some kind of horrible person but I laugh at that one lol. That's the think about Jack's Joker, he does these horrible things but they're funny. Or maybe I'm just really f***ed in the head. Or a bit of both.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon,  2 Jul  2018, 19:17
Yup, it's a scene a bring up all the time. That to me is pure Joker. He kills a guy laughing with a Joker gag/weapon.

I just hope this new Joaquin Phoenix movie goes to a more classic Joker, and not a watered down version, like Nolan's or the Azzarello graphic novel.

Is that movie confirmed to shoot for real, or is that just clickbait gossip?

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon,  2 Jul  2018, 21:29
That's the think about Jack's Joker, he does these horrible things but they're funny. Or maybe I'm just really f***ed in the head. Or a bit of both.

I'd classify B89 as a black comedy. The Joker's morbid sense of humour and Burton's quirky style is a match made in heaven hell.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The most disturbing scene for me is definitely that shot of Becky the newsreader with that big creepy rictus Joker grin on her face.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue,  3 Jul  2018, 13:56

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon,  2 Jul  2018, 21:29
That's the think about Jack's Joker, he does these horrible things but they're funny. Or maybe I'm just really f***ed in the head. Or a bit of both.

I'd classify B89 as a black comedy. The Joker's morbid sense of humour and Burton's quirky style is a match made in heaven hell.

Batman Returns fits that bill too, maybe even more. They were perfect.

Wed, 18 Jul 2018, 19:22 #6 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Jul 2018, 19:28 by Kamdan
The Joker frying Rotelli unlocked that gallows humor portion of my brain at a young age. I've seen it various times at the theater and many people react in shock when they see the charred corpse. It just makes me laugh even harder.

The scene with the Joker after plastic surgery.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 18 Jul  2018, 21:24

That's quite an iconic scene. I remember even The Simpsons parodied it when Lisa got her braces.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 19 Jul  2018, 10:57
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 18 Jul  2018, 21:24

That's quite an iconic scene. I remember even The Simpsons parodied it when Lisa got her braces.

I'm still mad that I didn't get to do this when they put my braces on.