Daredevil
1 (6.3%)
Blade
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Wed, 10 Jun  2009, 17:40
I respect your opinion, but cant agree with that one bit.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bale and Keaton gave absolutely magnificent performances.  Keaton in particular provides Batman/ Bruce Wayne with a depth that was not always present in the comics.  However,  I simply don't think either of them can be said to truly resemble the Batman of the original comics - both have elements of the character spot-on but I still think that the definitive Batman has yet to be portrayed in a live-action film. 

B:TAS is as close as anyone has got to portray the character in non-comic form, IMHO.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 10 Jun  2009, 17:51
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Wed, 10 Jun  2009, 17:40
I respect your opinion, but cant agree with that one bit.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bale and Keaton gave absolutely magnificent performances.  Keaton in particular provides Batman/ Bruce Wayne with a depth that was not always present in the comics.  However,  I simply don't think either of them can be said to truly resemble the Batman of the original comics - both have elements of the character spot-on but I still think that the definitive Batman has yet to be portrayed in a live-action film. 

B:TAS is as close as anyone has got to portray the character in non-comic form, IMHO.
The animated series had it alot easier to do whatever they wanted to do, with animating you can do so much more for a character like Batman, then an actual live  action film. I gotta agree BTAS is definitly the definitive Batman sometimes I feel nothing will ever be able to touch.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Wed, 10 Jun  2009, 18:33
The animated series had it alot easier to do whatever they wanted to do, with animating you can do so much more for a character like Batman, then an actual live  action film. I gotta agree BTAS is definitly the definitive Batman sometimes I feel nothing will ever be able to touch.

Oh without a doubt.  Animation has a freedom live-action doesn't for all number of reasons.  Keaton was superb (maybe even transcended the comic-book version of the character in some ways), and Bale is excellent too (and the closest live-action version of Wayne in my opinion), but I still think that B:TAS is the 'definitive' Batman.  Like you say, it will be a difficult feat to touch it.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

My fav is Bale Bats ;D But my list is:
2 - Keaton Bats
3 - Chris Reeve Superman
4 - Tobey Maguire Spidey
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

I actually think daredevil was better than what has been perceived. If you see the directors cut, it's a much better film.

RDJ's Iron Man was outstanding. Not too many people know about Iron Man but he really helped put it on the map.