Batman Returns toys

Started by eledoremassis02, Sun, 6 Nov 2022, 13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

This was a great trip down memory lane!

I had several of those figures. Catwoman, Penguin, Robin, Sky Winch/Bruce Wayne/Laser (my favorite)/Air Attack/Thunder Whip Batman. Probably others too but those for sure.

Also had the BR Batcave set. When I was a kid, I was confused about why the arctic side of the set looked so different from the movie. But now, yeah, I agree with the YouTuber that it was probably intended for the Dark Knight Collection but, for whatever reason, it never got released there and instead it got repurposed for the BR line. Why let a completed design got to waste, eh?

I had quite a bunch of Batman figures under this toyline: Deep Dive, Arctic, Laser, Aero Strike and Sky Winch.

Sky Winch was probably my favourite because it was as close as having Keaton's Batsuit to the Silver/Bronze Age era as you can get.

I had the Robin and Penguin figures too. As I mentioned elsewhere, Penguin was a recycled paint job from the Super Powers toyline, which I also once owned. In fact, some of the Batman figures were recycled from the B89 toyline too, as the video shows.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Since we're on the subject on toys, has anybody else seen this custom made figure of Max Shreck?

https://twitter.com/TheRealShougo/status/943554232657031174
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon,  7 Nov  2022, 09:14
Since we're on the subject on toys, has anybody else seen this custom made figure of Max Shreck?

https://twitter.com/TheRealShougo/status/943554232657031174

It's too bad we never got a Max Shrek action figure from Kenner back in the day. I'm sure I would have picked him up.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon,  7 Nov  2022, 09:11
I had the Robin and Penguin figures too. As I mentioned elsewhere, Penguin was a recycled paint job from the Super Powers toyline, which I also once owned. In fact, some of the Batman figures were recycled from the B89 toyline too, as the video shows.

Yeah, I was kinda picky about the BR Kenner toyline for whatever reason. Think I had the Bruce Wayne Quick Change figure, Catwoman, and the Penguin Commandos. Had the BR Kenner Penguin resembled Danny Devito's Penguin from the movie more, he would have been a 'must have' for me, but with it just being a simple paint job, and me already having either the Super Powers/DC Comics Super Heroes Penguin, I just didn't really feel any real need to have him. The Penguin Commandos were nice to have though  Not sure why I never really pursued the BR Robin figure, but I'm pretty sure I picked up Robin from the BTAS toyline a year or two later. Which looked pretty similar.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sun,  6 Nov  2022, 13:48
I only had the Penguin figure. From BR, I had the die-cast figures and a Batmobile. I distinctly remember being a younger, going to a shop and buying green slime with a Returns logo on the front. For the longest time I've tried to find out what this product was but to no avail. I'm guessing it was something to do with the sewer's toxic waste.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  9 Nov  2022, 07:03
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sun,  6 Nov  2022, 13:48
I only had the Penguin figure. From BR, I had the die-cast figures and a Batmobile. I distinctly remember being a younger, going to a shop and buying green slime with a Returns logo on the front. For the longest time I've tried to find out what this product was but to no avail. I'm guessing it was something to do with the sewer's toxic waste.

Interesting! I dont recall the slime but I wonder if it was to go with the Batcave play set. Tho everything in the late 80s/early 90s had slime lol

I remeber getting the Penguin figure and being confused as to why he didnt look like he did in the movie lol