Tim Burton's Version Of Robin...Maylon Waynes.

Started by Vexation, Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 05:21

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know what Tim Burton was thinking of casting Marlon Waynes as Robin,but I'm glad that didn't happen atleast. I kinda like Chris O' Donnell's preformance as "The Boy Wonder". Marlon Waynes would have messed up the role badly...he's just too playful and not serious for the role at all. Thank God he got kicked out....*shudder*

I am Vengence,I Am The Night....

Yea Vexation i'm the same i've never had a problem with Chris O' Donnell but i would have liked to have seen im a little less whiney he was good in BF but B&R was just horrible. As for Marlon Waynes i really don't know how he would have gone i see him and all i think of is shorty from the scary movie's.

I know this might sound raceist but it's not i swear, a black robin i don't know how well that would gone over i can't say i want to see it but then again i never had a problem with a black Harvey Dent. Mabye with the right actor it could work but i'm pretty sure its not Marlon Waynes.

You're right Sandman.^^ I agree head on. Marlon Waynes wouldn't have been a good choice. I'm not racist myself because I'm also black as well,but I mean Marlon Waynes...just doesn't fit the boy wonder role. I never had a problem with Billy Dee Williams playing Harvey Dent,although Tommy Lee Jones could have done better. A black robin would have been...interesting,but atleast Marlon Waynes didn't get the role that's for sure.^^

I think the way Burton conceptualized using him was a mechanic in a red filling station type of shirt with green pants with the name "Robin" (ie, his first name) stitched to the front.  Batman was going to take the Batmobile to him, have fix it, etc.  Basically a wink for fans but nothing more and the reason Burton cast Wayans was because he wanted to make it clear this character would never be an actual sidekick.  He certainly would not wear the actual costume

Could be wrong though.

But if I'm right, geeze, what a stupid idea...

Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 07:35 #4 Last Edit: Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 08:01 by ZUPERZERO
the same reaction cause Burton when he cast Michael Keaton and Nicolas Cage for Superman (that lack of fate bring the superman project down), and now you think that it would be a bad decission? i honestly believe on what Burton believes: he demostrate it by cast Keaton for Batman (and no one was believing in him)and honestly he is the Best Batman ever, not even Chris Bale can beat him with his ridiculous bat-voice.

i dont like chriss o Donell's Robin, for me Robin must look a considerably smaller size than Batman, and O donell was almost bigger than Kilmer.

i would prefer Wayans as Robin if Burton is on board

Waynes as Robin is the worst idea Burton might have ever had. And I'm usually quick to defned his choices.

That and his planned Superman film. Sometimes, I think the guy WANTED to be raked over the coals by the fans.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I think the way Burton conceptualized using him was a mechanic in a red filling station type of shirt with green pants with the name "Robin" (ie, his first name) stitched to the front.  Batman was going to take the Batmobile to him, have fix it, etc.  Basically a wink for fans but nothing more and the reason Burton cast Wayans was because he wanted to make it clear this character would never be an actual sidekick.  He certainly would not wear the actual costume

Sound bout right but i remember reading that when they wanted him in returns they had a suit fitted for him and everything.

the same reaction cause Burton when he cast Michael Keaton and Nicolas Cage for Superman (that lack of fate bring the superman project down), and now you think that it would be a bad decission? i honestly believe on what Burton believes: he demostrate it by cast Keaton for Batman (and no one was believing in him)and honestly he is the Best Batman ever, not even Chris Bale can beat him with his ridiculous bat-voice.

Your right i should believe in burton.

I think the fact that Robin was scrapped from both 89 and Returns gives us a solid idea on how Burton felt about the character.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Tue, 22 Jul  2008, 07:39
Waynes as Robin is the worst idea Burton might have ever had. And I'm usually quick to defned his choices.
Yep. I glad it didn't go ahead.

Because if it did,we would have had a lot of bashing on Burton's hand for
that matter. Thank God it didn't go into final production...*shudder*