Christopher Reeve meets Michael Keaton?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Thu, 23 Aug 2012, 21:12

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm as much a Superman fan as Batman. But I gather many of you may not....?  ;D Didn't realise how loathed the Man of Steel is these days. That's sad. Fingers crossed that may change next year with a lil movie coming up. Although this fan is none too happy they've jettisoned the classic John Williams anthem. Madness.

Anyway back in the early 90's just after Returns there was talk of putting Chris Reeve's Superman together with Keaton's Batman in a kind of spinoff. A cool thing never to be in my book. I think it was an abandoned idea to restart Superman in the nineties. I would have found it so cool and mad to see Chris Reeve on the set of a Burton designed Gotham City. It would just look bizaare when you see Superman in the more realistic New York/Metropolis world of his own series of films.

People have often argued it wouldn't be a great idea but if it had been Keaton and Reeve that would have been amazing to see. Anybody have information regarding this?

No info, but I am a huge Superman fan also. Chris Reeve is probably only one of my "heroes" (after my family of course).

I know there was talk of a 5th Chris Reeve movie back in the day...but I don't know anything more than that.

If you want to see a Reeve/Keaton on screen together watch "Speechless" ;-)

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Thu, 23 Aug  2012, 21:12Anyway back in the early 90's just after Returns there was talk of putting Chris Reeve's Superman together with Keaton's Batman in a kind of spinoff. A cool thing never to be in my book. I think it was an abandoned idea to restart Superman in the nineties. I would have found it so cool and mad to see Chris Reeve on the set of a Burton designed Gotham City. It would just look bizaare when you see Superman in the more realistic New York/Metropolis world of his own series of films.
This would be the main reason why I think it never was going to happen. You'd be hard-pressed to make Chris Reeve's Superman work onscreen with Burton's Batman.

Bruce and Clark chillaxing at Wayne Manor.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 23 Aug  2012, 23:22
Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Thu, 23 Aug  2012, 21:12Anyway back in the early 90's just after Returns there was talk of putting Chris Reeve's Superman together with Keaton's Batman in a kind of spinoff. A cool thing never to be in my book. I think it was an abandoned idea to restart Superman in the nineties. I would have found it so cool and mad to see Chris Reeve on the set of a Burton designed Gotham City. It would just look bizaare when you see Superman in the more realistic New York/Metropolis world of his own series of films.
This would be the main reason why I think it never was going to happen. You'd be hard-pressed to make Chris Reeve's Superman work onscreen with Burton's Batman.

True but even in the comics whenever Superman guest stars in a Batman tale he looks severely out of place in Gotham's gloominess lol Same with Bats in Clark's town. The cities look so different even in comics it's hard to imagine them in the same dimension so to speak.

As a fan in my own mind I like to think both series of movies exist in the same universe. For me it adds to the fun of it. Superman's movies take place we would assume in the 80's so I like to imagine Keaton's Bruce Wayne is off somewhere preparing for his first days as Batman. I squealed in delight when Bruce mentioned Metropolis in Batman Forever! That was all the confirmation I needed. Did anyone hear in Superman Returns a newscaster mention a "Gotham"???

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 24 Aug  2012, 22:30
Bruce and Clark chillaxing at Wayne Manor.

And as the result of a drunken bet, they decided to trade costumed identities for twenty-four hours.

Many people died in Metropolis that day.