Did TDK kick off the "No Origin" craze for Joker?

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 17 Feb 2015, 22:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 30 Oct  2015, 21:13I think it showed more of Napier's origin than TDK ever did for that Joker. I don't think that's a matter for debating either, personal taste. :)
They were both crazy when we first met them and we got no definitive origin for their insanity. That's factual, not opinionated.

God bless you! God bless your family and everyone else in your life!

Quote from: Dagenspear on Fri, 30 Oct  2015, 23:12They were both crazy when we first met them and we got no definitive origin for their insanity. That's factual, not opinionated.
What I took from the scene was that he was always a bloodthirsty maniac. Becoming the Joker is what pushed him over the edge. Or maybe being pushed over the edge made him the Joker...

EDIT- To clarify, I speak here of B89.

I agree colors. And we still know more about him than the Joker in 2008. I don't think that's up for debate.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  3 Nov  2015, 07:06What I took from the scene was that he was always a bloodthirsty maniac. Becoming the Joker is what pushed him over the edge. Or maybe being pushed over the edge made him the Joker...

EDIT- To clarify, I speak here of B89.
I don't know if that's much of a difference. He wasn't a wacky maniac, but going from a maniac to a wacky one isn't a huge leap.
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  3 Nov  2015, 08:11I agree colors. And we still know more about him than the Joker in 2008. I don't think that's up for debate.
I never meant to disagree that we know more about Napier, because we do. That's a fact. What I'm saying is that we learn no more about the origin of his insanity than we do with Nolan's Joker.

God bless you both! God bless your families and everyone else in your lives!