"Lock.....Chair"

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Thu, 17 Dec 2015, 02:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 18 Dec  2015, 08:28
I dig Batman Forever. I especially enjoy Val Kilmer in the role.
Yep. It's my third favourite in the film series. Val is under appreciated in the role in my opinion. In his heyday the guy was a big deal. Attractive, charismatic and physically built. I liked what he brought to the table as Bruce. He had enough qualities that evoked Keaton - the glasses and elements of social awkwardness, eg. knocking down Chase's door. But he definitely had his own flavour. We got to see Bruce the businessman, which quite frankly, we haven't seen since Batman Forever. He also had a deep, quiet sadness when his parents were the topic of discussion. I can't see him playing the role in Batman and Robin, but I think it's a shame he didn't get to do another.

I liked Val Kilmer as Batman a lot, and with some changes, Batman Forever could've been as great as the first two.As it's stands, it's still a good movie. :)

I'll show some love for this movie too. I like Batman Forever quite a bit and I'll even say it's better than the Burton Batman movies in some ways because of the emphasis on Bruce/Batman and the fact we get to see more of the Bruce Wayne we see in the comics and cartoons. It's definitely my favorite Batman movie not directed by Tim Burton. I'd rather watch it than any Nolan Batman movie.

And I liked Val Kilmer in the role too. I feel he did try very hard and succeed in portraying an intelligent, thoughtful and sensitive Bruce Wayne in ways that I don't think any other actor has other than Michael Keaton.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Mon, 28 Dec  2015, 01:04
I'll show some love for this movie too. I like Batman Forever quite a bit and I'll even say it's better than the Burton Batman movies in some ways because of the emphasis on Bruce/Batman and the fact we get to see more of the Bruce Wayne we see in the comics and cartoons. It's definitely my favorite Batman movie not directed by Tim Burton. I'd rather watch it than any Nolan Batman movie.

And I liked Val Kilmer in the role too. I feel he did try very hard and succeed in portraying an intelligent, thoughtful and sensitive Bruce Wayne in ways that I don't think any other actor has other than Michael Keaton.

Similar to George Clooney's situation, I think more people would appreciate Kilmer in the role if it weren't for some goofy one-liners. But then again, those moments are far and few in between.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I think Clooney did pretty well as Bruce Wayne but his Batman was too silly. Kilmer's Batman wasn't that great either but his Bruce was pretty good. The best Batman of all is Keaton's. I thought Bale took the role way too seriously and he didn't have any charm or charisma at all. And that Batman growl voice is unforgivable. What was Nolan thinking?

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Mon, 28 Dec  2015, 02:28
I think Clooney did pretty well as Bruce Wayne but his Batman was too silly. Kilmer's Batman wasn't that great either but his Bruce was pretty good. The best Batman of all is Keaton's. I thought Bale took the role way too seriously and he didn't have any charm or charisma at all. And that Batman growl voice is unforgivable. What was Nolan thinking?

I don't really mind Kilmer as Batman. If you ignore some of the one-liners, his Batman isn't too shabby. My favourite part is where he tells Two-Face to give it up while on the helicopter. The line is nothing special, but the way he delivers is - for a lack of a better word - badass.

Christian Bale is a damn good actor. I admire him a lot, but yeah, I've often condemned his performances as Bruce/Batman, although I thought he did a much better job as a physically beaten and depressed Bruce in TDKR. You should watch his Batman Begins audition; he wears Kilmer's sonar Batsuit and doesn't speak in that stupid gravel voice. Too bad we didn't get to see him act more like that in the actual films.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

His Batman gets to kick ass and has cool toys. How he glides down to the neon gang and they all scatter is a great moment in my eyes. This is a guy who drives up buildings and jumps off buildings without hesitation. Some impressive action is to be had in BF.

And look at these two. Kidman circa 1995 is a damn sight better than any Rachael Dawes, Talia Al Ghl or Selina Kyle character Nolan presented.

Back in the 80's and 90's Batman movies were actually fun. Imagine that.

And yes, Nicole Kidman was a great beauty in the mid 1990's. I think she's always been beautiful personally.

Honestly, I'd rather watch Batman Forever than TDK and especially TDK Rises anytime, even with all the one-liners and chewing the scenery between Carrey and Jones.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 28 Dec  2015, 06:04
His Batman gets to kick ass and has cool toys. How he glides down to the neon gang and they all scatter is a great moment in my eyes. This is a guy who drives up buildings and jumps off buildings without hesitation. Some impressive action is to be had in BF.

And look at these two. Kidman circa 1995 is a damn sight better than any Rachael Dawes, Talia Al Ghl or Selina Kyle character Nolan presented.

They're all fine.

God bless you! God bless everyone!