Clooney wearing Kilmer's Sonar Batsuit

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 10 May 2019, 11:56

Previous topic - Next topic
I was having a look at one of those Batman Wikia pages today, and I stumbled across this photo of an unmasked George Clooney wearing the Sonar Batsuit from BF.

As you can tell, this photo was taken from the scene where Bruce is treating Alfred with Mr. Freeze's cure. In the movie, we only see his face but not the rest of his upper body.

There's no doubt the second Batsuit that Clooney wears is a retouched version of the Sonar Batsuit, but I find it odd he had to wear the original costume for that scene.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

That's a strange scene. O'Donnell wore his red and black Robin outfit rather than his upgrade black and white ice gear. Makes me wonder if that scene was shot early in the production before the ice costumes were finished.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 10 May  2019, 12:01
That's a strange scene. O'Donnell wore his red and black Robin outfit rather than his upgrade black and white ice gear. Makes me wonder if that scene was shot early in the production before the ice costumes were finished.

That's a very good and plausible guess.

I had another look at my copy of the comic adaptation to see if that inconsistency occurred too, but instead it shows Bruce, Dick and Barbara wearing their plain civilian clothes while treating Alfred. Hmmm.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I find it funnier that in the final sequence where they're all sacked on the couch, you can see their outfits laying on the back of the couch and on the floor. Slightly odd given they had Barbara with them. I can't see them disrobing in the family room, especially when they have a wardrobe chamber in the Batcave.