Who would Schumacher have cast

Started by Andrew, Sun, 27 Mar 2022, 19:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon,  4 Apr  2022, 01:47
This is old news, but Coolio - who made a cameo appearance in B&R - once said he was going to play the Scarecrow!  ???

Quote from: Coolio
The only reason I did that part was because they promised me the villain part in the following Batman, which they didn't do because Joel Schumacher — they fired him. Me and him didn't get along that great anyway. ... The next Batman the villain was supposed to be the Scarecrow.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/coolio-was-courted-play-scarecrow-scrapped-batman-robin-sequel-973978/

Sounds like Scarecrow was going to have a massive departure from the comics. From mad scientist to street race bookie.
Dick and Babs looked pretty scared during the motorcycle race.

Turns out, the next villain was the Scarecrow.

This is old news, but Coolio - who made a cameo appearance in B&R - once said he was going to play the Scarecrow!  ???

"Keep spending most our lives livin in an Arkham's paradise."

I would imagine this, uh, consideration was probably fleeting at best.

"Who's going to be the villain in the next one?"

"Scarecrow i guess."

"Think I could play it?"

"You'd be perfect. Yada Yada Yada."

Proceeds to not get along with one another....

::)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu,  7 Apr  2022, 04:17

"Keep spending most our lives livin in an Arkham's paradise."

;D

I'm more convinced more than ever that Schumacher would've cast Madonna as Catwoman if he had the chance. Most of the creative decisions were pretty commercial, as you can see with the soundtracks to his movies having so many pop and hip-hop songs. Had B&R been a hit and Coolio got the chance to play the Scarecrow in the sequel, he likely would've recorded a horrorcore rap song for the movie, including a music video. Maybe Schumacher might've directed it too.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei