Legacy of the Schumacher suits

Started by eledoremassis02, Thu, 11 Nov 2021, 02:23

Previous topic - Next topic
There is something about these suits. It was recently revealed that Robert Patterson auditioned (like others) in a Kilmer suit
https://www.insider.com/robert-pattinson-wore-val-kilmers-batsuit-during-batman-screen-test-2021-10.
George Clooney wore a kilmer suit. Onstar used a Clooney suit as did Birds of Prey. Kimers suit and Batmobile were also featured in the Author remake.

Have these suits popped up elsewhere?

Apart of me speculates that these suits don't hold as much value as the Burton ones because of the Schumacher films reputation but they got Reeves suit out for the Man of Steel screen tests

Thu, 11 Nov 2021, 03:11 #1 Last Edit: Thu, 11 Nov 2021, 03:12 by thecolorsblend
I guess I assumed that the Schumacher suits kept popping up because most of the few remaining B89 suits were in pretty lousy condition by the mid-Nineties and the BR suits were mostly used up by the production. But the Schumacher suits were far newer, in better condition and there were a lot more of them on hand for use in other properties.

Plus, there's the obvious reality that from 1995 to 2003, Batman on film meant Schumacher's version... even tho it was obvious he wouldn't be making a third movie. "Synergy" dictated that a live action depiction of Batman use the Schumacher design. Because his version was the most current.

The same basic thing happened with Bryan Singer's Superman from 2006. Even after it was crystal clear that a sequel to Superman Returns would never be made, the Superman merchandising regime still leaned in to Routh because that was the "current" depiction of Superman. New stuff (such as greeting cards and whatnot) featuring Routh and/or that version of the Superman suit was still popping up at least as late as 2009 in spite of the fact that even an idiot could've told you that it was pointless, Routh was one and done, Singer wasn't coming back, etc.

It went so far that Matt Bomer did a car commercial wearing the Singer Superman outfit (also in 2009).

Point being that this sort of thing strikes fans as peculiar only because we're paying close attention to these various properties. I don't think normies rly notice this stuff.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Thu, 11 Nov  2021, 02:23
Have these suits popped up elsewhere?

A Schumacher suit appears in Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003) along with the Burton Batmobile.

The Batman: The Brave and the Bold Batman also briefly wears a Schumacher suit in the episode 'Legends of the Dark Mite!'