Is it possible for ANY Batman film to not be toyetic?

Started by Wayne49, Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 14:08

Previous topic - Next topic
I think The Dark Knight does qualify as not-toyetic, at least the least so that can be made, while there were some characters (not really that many or colorful) that you could make toys of, the Joker and Two-Face would be pretty not-appealing for kids, there wasn't that much traditional action, Batman a pretty non-traditional type of hero, the tone was really not mainly trying to appeal to, excite or be directed to kids.

Quote from: Andrew on Sun, 13 Dec  2020, 18:13Batman a pretty non-traditional type of hero
If Batman isn't a traditional type of hero, idk who is.

It all comes down to the depiction. Batman can be anti traditional sometimes, but even then he's always been marketable. True, Dark Knight had a look that was more alluring for older people (hot) toys, but kids still bought the merch, and remember that some kids stuff gets dazzled up on the shelves, like TDK Batman with accessory/vehicle/color scheme you ain't never seen before. Batman moves toys. Period, but I understand that the character changes, and the depiction doesn't always scream toys for the kids. The sellers make reinterpretations.

A non toyetic Batman film would be something like a pure adaption of Ego, which is something I would love. Or a true crime drama like Bruce Wayne: Murderer, but streamlined down into courtroom and prison settings, which I would also enjoy.