Where can I get the TV show music?

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Mon, 5 Jan 2015, 00:04

Previous topic - Next topic
As you will know there is some pretty marvelous music contained in the Adam West show. I can't believe it's never concerned me enough until now but where can I find any CD's featuring the old tv themes of Neal Hefti and Nelson Riddle? Is there one available for the old 1966 feature film too? There seems to be a lot of old vinyl LP's.

Found some tracks from a very old LP I think from the sixties uploaded to youtube. Very enjoyable. It's easy to forget just how fantastic the tv Batman theme is. I consider it on the same level of ingenuity as the classic James Bond theme. An insanely catchy repeating guitar chord that is so simple and utterly effective. Just heard the full album version for the first time too.

I have a CD from the 80s somewhere, probably the same as the album you posted only CDified lol. I have no clue where to find one now. I kind of need to replace mine.  Its great, lots of the music and sound clips from the show. No Catwoman or Joker though. :(

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Mon,  5 Jan  2015, 00:04
where can I find any CD's featuring the old tv themes of Neal Hefti and Nelson Riddle? Is there one available for the old 1966 feature film too? There seems to be a lot of old vinyl LP's.

On Amazon and Itunes.

And yes there is one for the movie as well, and it features the TV Series theme as a bonus track.

QuoteAs you will know there is some pretty marvelous music contained in the Adam West show.

Speaking of which a member of the 1966 Batman Message Boards has started a indiegogo campaign for a documentary
about this. Because it wasn't covered in the official release of the TV Series, if your'e interested in this you can read more about it here.

http://www.beatofthebat.com/