Adam West reads a few lines from DKR...

Started by DocLathropBrown, Fri, 8 Nov 2013, 06:57

Previous topic - Next topic
West's Batman is very competent, even if he had to captured at the end of every episode for cliffhangers.

He had a gadget for every situation, and was like a walking encyclopaedia. He was always going to escape the deathtraps, no matter how hard they were. So yes, I'd say he'd have no problems taking on TDK Rises' Bane.

He probably wouldn't attack the guy head on like Bale. He'd be smarter. Say...blind him by reflecting light off his polished belt buckle and then push him off the walkway with the bat shield.

West is a much better Batman and actor than people give credit for. The scripts have undertones of humour but he plays the role straight. I believe he cares for law and order. I believe he cares for Robin and values his role on the Wayne Foundation. There's also moments of vulnerability in his face when women long for Batman but not Bruce.

He's an all time great and has the always prepared, never admit defeat attitude of the character nailed.

I absolutely agree TDK Returns is magnified if you imagine it's West's Batman. The bright, good natured world of the 60s  became dark, mean and violent and as a result Batman did too. It's fictional entertainment but boy, that can't help but affect your soul just thinking about it.

Expected that to be funny, but it ended up being quite terrifying. Adam West is extremely versatile. It's scary.