X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Started by The Joker, Thu, 27 Sep 2018, 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 10 Jul  2023, 17:40If he wears the mask, this'll be damn near perfect.

:D

It is very Astonishing X-Men influenced from the mid 2000's comic run. Given the 4th wall breaking in Deadpool movies, it makes me wonder if the deleted suit scene from "The Wolverine" will be referenced? If even in a off-hand, flippant manner. 

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It is sort of funny that almost exactly 23 years after the "yellow spandex" line... well, here we are.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 11 Jul  2023, 15:47It is sort of funny that almost exactly 23 years after the "yellow spandex" line... well, here we are.
X-Men First Class technically did it first and we did get that tease of the Wolverine costume in The Wolverine.

Comic accurate 5'3 Wolverine.

FLASHBACK 1998.

Wizard Magazine conducted a poll on America Online, on who fans would cast as Wolverine, as well as info on the pre-production at the time with Bryan Singer.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

FLASHBACK 1998!

"X-Men 101" courtesy of Wizard Magazine X-Men special.

Also, Wizard's rankings for the X-Men villains in 1998.

Another FLASHBACK from 1998, featuring casting reports and speculation for the-then upcoming X-Men film that was two years away.

Well, one of those ended up being accurate.

Angela Bassett reportedly not returning Bryan Singer's calls is kinda amusing.

Michael Biehn as Cyclops would've been a very plausible casting choice back when James Cameron was looking into doing a X-Men movie during the early 1990's, but I'm not so sure how likely Biehn would've been by the late '90's, and with Singer on board as director by that stage.

Thomas Ian Griffith as Gambit is kinda intriguing to think about. Especially so during the early '90's with Cameron directing. Admittedly, Gambit wasn't one of those characters I spent a whole lot of time fantasy-casting and thinking what a X-Men movie would be like prior to it becoming a reality, but Griffith isn't a bad choice. Not sure how good of a southern cajun accent he could've muster, but I can't imagine it being any worse than whatever Channing Tatum had in mind.

Wizard Magazine's schematic breakdown of everyone's favorite mutant hunting robots, the Sentinels!