RIP Yvonne Craig

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 19 Aug 2015, 05:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sad loss. I've been getting back into the TV show recently with the Blu-ray set, too.

Thu, 20 Aug 2015, 00:17 #3 Last Edit: Thu, 20 Aug 2015, 00:39 by JokerMeThis
RIP  :(

I liked Yvonne because of her sexy character on the Original Star Trek series episode "Whom Gods Destroy", the green-skinned Marta from Orion. Another one of Captain Kirk's many love interests on the show. There's a great scene where she does a sexy dance and another one where she seduces Captain Kirk. I found the character very appealing when I was young.   ;D  And I still do now that I'm old too. Captain Kirk and William Shatner are lucky men.  :)

God bless her and may she rest in peace. God bless everyone in her life, her family, friends, everyone. My prayers are with them.

R.I.P. Yvonne Craig  :(

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

When you become a cynical adult you sometimes become a bit of a miserable git also. Some fans have criticized Batgirl's inclusion in the show. Claiming she added nothing, stole the limelight from West and Ward and increased the difficulty of writing the stories. I too had become such a git despite loving when she did appear as a child. It's a superb shame therefore that having just finished watching Season 3 I again love her inclusion! It would be horrendous for the passing of a good person like her to convince other misery guts of her merits but I sincerely hope nobody will groan when watching an adorable Yvonne Craig episode again. A true, precious legacy! Her mischievous Batgirl laugh is very cute!

And cue the swinging sixties surf theme! "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah whose baby are you????"

I found this rare video of her explaining that she had to convince the producers to let her perform her own stunts because of her dancing background.

I like how she elegantly changes into costume too.

Farewell, Yvonne Craig. Still the best live action Batgirl to date.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei