Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Started by Grissom, Sat, 29 Nov 2014, 18:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Fri,  8 Jan  2016, 06:15
Quote from: Catwoman on Fri,  8 Jan  2016, 06:07
Gonna kick your ass....

Don't make me go Galactic Nurse Ratched on you. Give you a colonoscopy with Kylo Ren's lightsaber. "Mefication time, Randall." :)

I'd definitely be a dark side user. Dispatching my enemies with agressive brutality. The Jedi, especially in the prequel trilogy, were head in the sand, complacent fools who largely got what they deserved because of that. Palpatine's ascension to power is very relevant and true to today's current climate as well.

Fri, 8 Jan 2016, 16:33 #152 Last Edit: Fri, 8 Jan 2016, 17:45 by Max Shreck
The Emperor and Darth Vader were more powerful than any Jedi up to Luke Skywalker.

I'd be a Sith too. Passion.

And other than the Skywalkers, I also think Qui Gon Jinn was strong as a Jedi, he did teach Yoda the way to appear in "spirit form", although Darth Maul defeated him, as was Mace Windu, quite strong, it took Anakin and Sidious to beat him, and Ben Kenobi had an advantage against Vader being his former mentor.

Yoda was indeed arrogant. But Obi-Wan believed in Luke as Qui-Gon believed in Anakin.

Are there any good Siths?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  8 Jan  2016, 16:43

Good is a point of view.  ;)

Darth Plagueis the Wise could influence midichlorians to create life. And that is what made Anakin Skywalker choose the Sith way, other than feeling that the Jedi didn't trust him, unlike his friend the Chancellor.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Fri,  8 Jan  2016, 16:47
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  8 Jan  2016, 16:43
Good is a point of view.  ;)

Darth Plagueis the Wise could influence midichlorians to create life. And that is what made Anakin Skywalker choose the Sith way, other than feeling that the Jedi didn't trust him, unlike his friend the Chancellor.
So in other words, the answer to my question is 'no'.

Fine, I think I'll stick to the 'light side' then, and the Jedis, just as I suspected was the right thing to do.

And there's no POV when it comes to Anakin Skywalker hacking innocent Padwan to death.  :-\

Anakin loved Padme' more than anything. Yoda told him to let go. He could not. And he was willing to do anything to save her. Even kill innocents. Because he cared more about her than the rest. Jedi are supposed to feel compassion, not passion, which is why they can't marry or have children.

So yes, good really is a POV in some situations.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Fri,  8 Jan  2016, 17:04
Anakin loved Padme' more than anything. Yoda told him to let go. He could not. And he was willing to do anything to save her. Even kill innocents. Because he cared more about her than the rest. Jedi are supposed to feel compassion, not passion, which is why they can't marry or have children.

So yes, good really is a POV in some situations.
Compassion is a much higher and more admirable virtue than passion.  And someone who possesses that much power must sometimes repress their desires for the common good.

I disagree. I prefer passion because that is how I am. Same as Anakin. I will stay true to myself. It is the jedi path I cannot follow. :)

"I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

"What's that make us?"

"Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become."  ;D

Quote from: Max Shreck on Fri,  8 Jan  2016, 16:33
I'd be a Sith too.
A dark side user and a Sith Lord are two different things. The Sith are a religious cult with aims of galactic domination, with their modus operandi definitely evil. A darksider uses the force like a Sith but aren't tied to their customs. They do as they please, essentially being their own person. To me it's about intent. What one does with power. I think evil needs to be dealt with swiftly and with no mercy. A guy who kills young kids is an animal and should never be forgiven. I get why Anakin did it in the context of the film, but rationalising such barbarism of innocents is a no-go zone for me.

And indeed, the arrogance of the Jedi was central to their demise. Count Dooku straight up tells Obi-Wan about Sidious, his current scheming and his endgame. Obi-Wan immediately says "I don't believe you." More like he didn't want to believe it, but indeed, it was all true. One film later the Jedi were all but extinct. These things are a slow burn but it eventually does happen. And like the Empire and Sith, when they take over, it's usually for a long time.

"Only now at the end do you understand."