Batman & Robin review by Nostalgia Critic

Started by Azrael, Sat, 16 Feb 2013, 10:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Doug Walker's review of B&R, still funny.

Quote from: riddler on Fri, 22 Mar  2013, 13:14
Bat credit card lol.

I'll never understand how anyone could come up with that !
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Batman & Robin does the "Bright Knight" version badly just like Batman 1989 does the "Dark Knight" badly!

Quote from: batman60s on Mon,  1 Jul  2013, 15:42
Batman & Robin does the "Bright Knight" version badly just like Batman 1989 does the "Dark Knight" badly!

Nope. B&R wasn't trying to be the 60s series. It was just trying to be humorous. Camp and humor are two different things.

And what's wrong with B89 now?
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Mon,  1 Jul  2013, 18:50

Nope. B&R wasn't trying to be the 60s series. It was just trying to be humorous. Camp and humor are two different things.

And what's wrong with B89 now?

Nothing is wrong with B89. Just meant that it was the first time a Batman movie was attempted at being dark and compared to Nolans dark knight trilogy it isn't as good in my opinion. And I agree B&R wasn't trying to be the 60s series but in terms of trying to be a more family friendly version of batman like the 60s version is, it's no where near as good.

The video made the comparison by keep putting 60s dialogue or soundtrack over parts so just carried on with the supposed comparison!

("Batman does the DK Batman badly" and "compared to Nolan's it isn't as good" are different things, the second is a valid opinion, the first is just bashing)

Wed, 10 Jul 2013, 00:40 #8 Last Edit: Sun, 1 Oct 2017, 06:24 by Edd Grayson
To me his review is funny, but it's really not that hard to make fun of some things about a film like this.

Sun, 1 Oct 2017, 03:36 #9 Last Edit: Sun, 1 Oct 2017, 03:48 by The Laughing Fish
Nothing is wrong with B89. Just meant that it was the first time a Batman movie was attempted at being dark and compared to Nolans dark knight trilogy it isn't as good in my opinion.

I wonder if this guy is now of those people conveniently complaining how dark BvS is. ::)

In a way, there's a good point about B89 isn't as dark as TDKT. After all, the film does end on a triumphant note where Batman avenges his parents, officially establishes himself as Gotham City's protector and saves everyone from the Joker. Whereas the trilogy, in comparison, is full of hypocritical, deceitful and warped moralising where Batman's inconsistent actions is putting everyone in danger, and ends on an uncertain note where rampant crime must still exist if John Blake takes over the mantle. Yeah, if B89 isn't as "good" as that, then THANK GOD.

Moral of the story: just because something is dark, it doesn't necessarily make it good. By the way, I know that comment is four years old, but I couldn't help myself.

As for Doug Walker's video? The video has expired, but I'm not going to bother trying to find it. I don't need to watch some snarky, trendy, hyperactive commentator talk about how much he hates B&R. I'm comfortable with what I didn't like about it, but I'd be a liar if I didn't admit there were good things about it. I'm not interested in bandwagon hate, thanks.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei