B&R/TKR Bane mashup

Started by Slash Man, Sat, 15 Dec 2012, 20:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 16 Dec  2012, 05:11
Hardy's Bane and his plan were just head scratchingly absurd:
I know this doesn't pertain to the video you shared, but a lot of stuff that Bane did in the movie made absolutely no sense at all. The most obvious one is his plan in the prologue. What was the point of risking the lives of all of your men PLUS yourself, just to kidnap Pavel to make it look like he was dead, when you already have Pavel in the friggin car before you got on the plane? Here's an idea: transfer his blood over to someone in the car, and drive the car off the cliff. Easy way to do it, especially since they had him to begin with. It looked really cool in the movie, but made absolutely no sense whatsoever. And why do people need to think he was dead in order for the plan to work? He's missing, he's dead: what's the difference?

One thing that occurred to me today is that the film had a variation on the trope of "Batman disconnects the Venom tubes, Bane weakens and gets defeated" in the final fight.  In this case, Bane wasn't getting pumped by Venom or any kind of steroid that made him stronger.  Instead, it was an anesthetic to dull his pain.  And instead of the tubes being in the back of his head, they were in the front. 

Personally, I think these changes made it easier for Batman to defeat Bane than in other incarnations.

What's also interesting to me is that this seems to be the common way to defeat the character, yet if you go back to the Knightfall comics, the Jean Paul Valley Batman slices Bane's Venom tubes...and the fight still continues for the next 12 or so pages.  Plus, Bane gets himself off of Venom in later comics and still goes toe to toe against The Dark Knight.  Obviously, the comic book Bane doesn't go down as easily as his movie and TV counterparts.  I believe it was B:TAS that started the trope in the first place and, clearly, "Bane's Achilles hell" carried over into the other adaptations- B&R, The Batman animated show if I recall correctly, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, The Brave and the Bold show, the Arkham Asylum video game, and Justice League: Doom.

That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: Slash Man on Sat, 15 Dec  2012, 20:25
I got bored and made this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDBIKn1-bQ&list=UU_W72lXRtb8j4X8goosKTPg&index=1

Bane was the mastermind behind the events of Batman & Robin all along.

My god, Hardy's voice fits in perfectly.  :D

On another note, I still can't believe how cheap Batman & Robin looked. It didn't even looked like it had a $100 million budget.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Thought I'd bump this thread with an amusing comparison video I found:
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...