Pic of Nick Cage as Superman (Possibly Real?)

Started by Gotham Knight, Tue, 6 Oct 2009, 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic
Cage had his hair long because it was his natural style at the time. They were just testing the costume, not the final look, which would come in later.

Some 'interesting' pics have surfaced.

http://comicbookmovie.com/superman_movies/news/?a=24590

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Hmmmm. Very interesting. I like the more stylized S shield design, but I fear in total it would have been TOO far from the basic superman look.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

That photo of Cage in the suit has been confirmed as a fake by Steve Johnston. The only suit ever created was the "light up" one.

I knew it!

Sources, please? I've already stated my sources as to why I believe those first pics are real.

Thu, 11 Nov 2010, 15:30 #37 Last Edit: Thu, 11 Nov 2010, 15:36 by Darrell Kaiser
Looking... can't find it.

Maybe it was the only one HE worked on and didn't know about the previous attempts. Remember, Superman was going have a traditional suit at the beginning and he got the "electro man" suit when he came back.

http://www.facebook.com/stevejohnsonfx

look at the first reply on the second status update down

Quotestevejohnsonfx - Also wanted to mention that the Japan video that's been floating around for years is a total fake, this was the only suit ever created for the film.

Thu, 11 Nov 2010, 22:04 #39 Last Edit: Thu, 11 Nov 2010, 22:07 by Darrell Kaiser
Exactly right. It was the only suit created the film that was going to be used ON SCREEN. That first suit was a simply a prototype suit, to test and see what the material would look like. Having the Superman suit in molded plastic, like Batman, wasn't the way to go, so another angle must have been taken. It's like looking at Chris Reeve's Superman suit that he wore in his screen tests and saying that was going to be the actual screen used suit.