Pic of Nick Cage as Superman (Possibly Real?)

Started by Gotham Knight, Tue, 6 Oct 2009, 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Guys, is there more to this or just an inside joke?  I don't see a picture or a link that will take me to a picture. 

The authenticity is dubious to me.

If it's real, it was obviously not from a professional photographer, not just due to the bad quality, but also due to the white background being skewed and that Cage's eyes are half-closed.

The glare off of the suit makes it look like a plastic action figure.  

And what is up with the line around his neck?

As for the long hair...I know Superman has the long hair after being resurrected in the comics, but I don't think they were planning on carrying that over in the film.  I could be wrong, though.

I also don't think the photo matches up to previous reports of Cage's costume test, but I'd have to dig them up to make sure.  I'm pretty sure one described Cage as having the "traditional spit curl" which he certainly does not in the photo.

That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Thanks for the link.  It wouldn't open in Firefox, but opened in Internet Explorer.

My five thoughts:

(1) He looks like he is on drugs. 

(2) With his hair like that, he reminds me of a member of the KISS Army sans make -up.

(3) Speaking of KISS, he looks a lot like Nick Simmons, Gene's kid in this pic.

(4) The line around his neck looks like a cut line from an autopsy.  However if this was a Michael Bay film, I am sure the line would be a necklace that Superman wears because instead of the crystals and the Fortress of Solitude, he could just rub his necklace and Jor-El would appear.

(5) The costume is God-Awful.  Let's all thank everyone that this movie was never, ever, ever made if this is indeed a real photo.  He looks like he was poured into the suit and I don't mean that in the silly, romantic kind of way either.   

What tells me its a fake is
the blue blur around the neck
the single light source - don't photographers use several "defused" lamps
Cage's neck - too long
Cage's hairline

It's a run through at best. Or just a fake. I can't imagine Burton putting something like this out on his worst day.

If it's meant to be something for the make up or costume departments, a professional photographer wouldn't be involved.  This is supposedly a costume test, not a publicity shot.

That doesn't make it legit, I'm just trying to bring some balance into this.

Good point. 
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...