This is ridiculous but funny too.. and sad..and funny.. and sad again.

Started by Batnar, Thu, 18 Jun 2009, 14:44

Previous topic - Next topic
So... I know no one really cares about the MTV movie awards (since no one even mentioned it here) and rightfully so. MTV has become the pinnacle of crap television since the middle 2000's. But I won't get into that.

The thing that caught my attention not that long ago was the MTV Movie awards 2009 end results. And the reason why that was, was because a B-movie vampire movie (for kids and chicks) called Twilight (sp?) had beaten Nolan's BATMAN: The Dark Knight royally for best movie of 2009. I'm serious.

How the hell did this happen? I have no idea. But I remember laughing and saying the words B-LL SH-T.  :P

Here's the reference link btw in case you'd like to see the score from MTV awards yourself.
http://www.starmometer.com/2009/06/01/twilight-tops-2009-mtv-movie-awards/
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

I gotta agree that is pure garbage! I didnt even give twilight a chance and im a HUGE vampire fan, that really is a pity.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 23:42
Twilight SUCKS!!! It has forever pussifed Vampires.
LOL that just made me laugh pretty hard, true that!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 23:42
Twilight SUCKS!!! It has forever pussifed Vampires.

;D

The pussification continues ...

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Twilight beating THE DARK KNIGHT?!

Obviously all the teeny boppers voted in full force.

Its completely understandable, the MTV awards are hardly the greatest award shows and the age brackett of around 12 to 18 year olds (mostly girls i would expect) loved Twillight remember the four books in the series sold loads long before the movie was released and the ladies will always love a romance they can kind of relate with, that is, a heartthrob falling for an ordinary looking girl.

TDK was more a film aged in the 16 to 25 year old brackett, mostly boys, and had a far more serious subject matter. 

MTV awards equals young girls. Not to sound stereotypical of young women, but whereas TDK may have dominated the basic market of films, Twilight ran away with the heart of every girl aged 9-25 probably.

Seriously, and I'm not joking, my girlfriend read like every Twilight book after seeing the movie within like a week or two. She was reading like 500 pages a day. Movies like that are made purely for the purpose of attracting the romance-frenzied female audience.

I watched it with my girlfriend, it was.....alright  :-X