The Dark Knight Criticism

Started by Azrael, Thu, 31 Jul 2008, 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 9 Jun 2009, 02:36 #170 Last Edit: Tue, 9 Jun 2009, 06:38 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 19:37
I wonder how long the Joker hung up there before the GCPD came....
I'm sure the police came in straight after Batman left.

LOL did you guys watch the film? jk  pretty much the whole Gotham Swat Team was in that building already, Im sure they came as soon as Batman walked away!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 18:01
LOL did you guys watch the film? jk  pretty much the whole Gotham Swat Team was in that building already, Im sure they came as soon as Batman walked away!

Weren't a lot of them knocked out by Batman, Dark Vengeance?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 19:37
I wonder how long the Joker hung up there before the GCPD came....

Well, right after Batman leaves The Joker, we see the SWAT coming for the Joker. They were too fast! :o
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 18:50
Well, right after Batman leaves The Joker, we see the SWAT coming for the Joker. They were too fast! :o

Just re-watched the scene again to make sure. I sort of forgot before, as I hadn't seen the film for a while.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 11 Jun  2009, 18:12

Weren't a lot of them knocked out by Batman, Dark Vengeance?
Thats only really speculation, you never see any of them directly knocked out it just seems he put them out of commission for the moment, Im sure a few got knocked out but not the whole team.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I'm not one to complain, I mean I liked the film, but wat really makes me see it as a 4th Best is the fact that we didn't get a BIG blow-off battle between Batman/Joker, I think if it was given this, and a tad more violence, than it would have been much better

Sat, 1 Aug 2009, 09:40 #177 Last Edit: Sat, 1 Aug 2009, 09:52 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Seantastic on Thu, 30 Jul  2009, 08:28
I'm not one to complain, I mean I liked the film, but wat really makes me see it as a 4th Best is the fact that we didn't get a BIG blow-off battle between Batman/Joker, I think if it was given this, and a tad more violence, than it would have been much better
Batman never really fought Joker in B89. Sure, he punched him a few times and threw him against a bell...but that's it. Nothing that I would call a BIG blow off battle.

In TDK, Batman punched Joker onto the floor in the penthouse - plus Joker got in a cheap knife kick. Batman gave Joker a beating in the interrogation room and they also fought in the finale. Both Jokers faced down approaching Bat vehicles as well, so I'll call that a confrontation. They aren't big battles either, but Bale and Ledger did interact in combat more. They also fought a mental war of ideologies. Not that it matters, though.

I really enjoyed TDK's showdown with the Joker, in Batman however it didn't have to be the biggest blow-out put on film.It was meant for so much more:

Psychological - Batman beaten and tired and Joker having the upper hand
Mental/Emotional - Batman facing the man who murdered his parents.
Physical - The Joker taking a whooping.

And I have said this before but I love how they fought on what was probably the highest point in Gotham (Cathedral) it's almost metaphoric where these two forces of nature are battling for the soul of Gotham below them.

Pure Epic.

Sun, 2 Aug 2009, 04:58 #179 Last Edit: Sun, 2 Aug 2009, 05:06 by The Dark Knight
In B89, Joker walked up the cathedral for no apparent reason, basically just to board the helicopter. It was all just an after-thought on his part after the balloons were stolen.

In TDK, Joker's already at the top of the building to view the 'fireworks', knowing that Batman will somehow find his location and fight it out. Their fight is also a diversion to what he has set up with Dent. Batman 'burnt the forest down' - like Alfred said in his speech, to find Joker. There is also that political debate of abuse of technology/spying going on.

Both different, but I prefer how TDK handles things. It's more elaborate.