0 (0%)
Kids shooting imaginary guns in backseat
2 (8%)
Dent convoy drivers yapping - "Oh that's not good!" etc
6 (24%)
"Oh, you have a panic room."
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

The Dark Knight does have some annoying attempts at humour that just don't need to be there.

What's worst?

After voting, make sure you explain why you voted that way as well.

If I have left any out, let me know. I'm basing this off the last time I saw the film, which was a while ago.

After a very good and exciting introduction of Batman in The Dark Knight, I cringed when Batman growled 'I'm not wearing hockey pads'.

There are quite a few cringe worthy moments in this movie, which I feel don't need to be there, and maybe should have been edited, and you have listed them perfectly. However I have got used to that cheesy line in the opening, and I dont think its the worst moment.

I settled on Rachel saying 'Lets not do that again'. Because I remember watching this in the cinema, and I rolled my eyes after this scene because after all the talk about this Batman being the most realistic, I found the fall from the building and Batman and Rachel falling on to the car, UNHARMED highly unlikely!! I was very disappointed. Rachel's line just added to this surreal moment. I dont think anyone in their right mind would have spouted this one liner after what had just happened in Bruce's penthouse with the Joker, never mind falling 20 stories out a window and landing on a car bonnet of a car unharmed.

Not to mention that they lay there while the Joker was still in the penthouse, no one seemed to be bothered that he could of been up there killing guests, or Batman wasnt bothered that he was getting away. Anyway, thats for a different thread....

QuoteKids shooting imaginary guns in backseat
Commentary on modern kids? Unlikely..

QuoteDent convoy drivers yapping - "Oh that's not good!" etc
I actually liked that, from my first viewing. Cops like that make Batman's presence necessary.

Quote"Oh, you have a panic room."
I also liked that.

Quote from: Joker81
I settled on Rachel saying 'Lets not do that again'. Because I remember watching this in the cinema, and I rolled my eyes after this scene because after all the talk about this Batman being the most realistic, I found the fall from the building and Batman and Rachel falling on to the car, UNHARMED highly unlikely!! I was very disappointed. Rachel's line just added to this surreal moment. I dont think anyone in their right mind would have spouted this one liner after what had just happened in Bruce's penthouse with the Joker, never mind falling 20 stories out a window and landing on a car bonnet of a car unharmed.

Not to mention that they lay there while the Joker was still in the penthouse, no one seemed to be bothered that he could of been up there killing guests, or Batman wasnt bothered that he was getting away. Anyway, thats for a different thread....

Agreed. I voted for this.

I can't decide on one particular moment mainly because I don't recall many of the ones listed, although is I had to plump for one I do recall being slightly annoyed by the shot of the little kids shooting imaginary guns.  It reminded me from a similar moment in Batman Begins when the cops do a double take as the Tumbler goes by.

In my opinion, there were even more cheesier moments in the first film.  The annoying thing is that many of these moments remind me of the type of random, over-obvious shots you'd find in a typical Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay movie, which is completely at odds with the slyer, more satirical humour Burton inserted into his Batman films.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

"I'm not wearing hockey pads"

That line doesn't work with Bale's Batman if you ask me. You can't give off some intimidating growl when you're trying to make those kinds of comments. The first time I saw it I also couldn't tell what the line was, I thought he had said "masks" at first.
Better suited for a film like Forever, with a solid actor like Val Kilmer still being able to make silly one-liners sound somewhat suave and semi-badass.

Quote from: Batmoney on Sun, 20 Sep  2009, 19:14
"I'm not wearing hockey pads"

Is that what he said?  :o

I never understood what he said due to his fabulous voice performance.. *sarcasm*  ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Bale's growl is the stuff of legend.  ;D

What about the following?

Batman (talking to the hockey batman): I don't need help!
Scarecrow: Not my diagnosis!

It has to be the SWAT van driver -  ::)

Quote from: Batmoney on Sun, 20 Sep  2009, 19:14
Better suited for a film like Forever, with a solid actor like Val Kilmer still being able to make silly one-liners sound somewhat suave and semi-badass.

Kilmer a better actor than Bale?  Please tell me that was irony.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I just hate the hockey pads line. It's so annoying and unnecessary.

I also hate those two truck drivers yapping away with stupid comments. The other stuff that goes on - kids imitating explosions, man adjusting mirror, etc, just take away from the dark atmosphere of that sequence.

I also hate that when Batman jumps down after Rachel, we get a close-up of a man in a car drinking coffee. After Batman lands on the car, we see his reaction. This is purely there for a small laugh, but it's neither funny nor necessary. Just get it out of the film. And Rachel's comment is ridiculous given she should be white with fear, and almost dead from the impact.

I don't actually mind the panic room comment, as it adds to Bruce's cover as being a selfish jerk. I added it in anyway.