The Batpod Chase with music by Elliot Goldenthal

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Tue, 8 Sep 2009, 17:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 8 Sep 2009, 17:00 Last Edit: Wed, 23 Feb 2011, 17:41 by THE BAT-MAN
Check out the Batpod Chase sequence, when it's music mixed with Elliot Goldenthal's score to Batman Forever.  

How do they come up with these things, perfect sync!

Tue, 8 Sep 2009, 19:51 #3 Last Edit: Fri, 18 Feb 2011, 15:14 by THE BAT-MAN
If you pay close attention to the part, when the Joker says, "HIT ME!" You'll notice that it was an edit taken from the theatrical trailer and not from the original film.

It's synchronised pretty well, but it just goes to show how light and cartoony the Goldenthal Batman music is.

Indeed, Goldenthal had some GOOD work though as far as a darker edge. I just got teh Batman and Robin complete Score, and theres some good stuff on there. theres ridiculous things.. but some good stuff never the less.  

I wouldnt have placed that piece of music with that chase scene from TDk though. One of the better pieces of Elliots work for a chase scene is the track "A Chilling Chase" from B&R. It has a more subdued sound and not overly bombastic horns a blarin ridiculousness. Batman and Robin had an improved quality and felt more well rounded than some of batman forevers stuff.

give it a little listen...

Alot of the stuff is pretty whimsical though, especially for The Dark Knight.

Goldenthal's music is pretty fun and inventive. It was perfect for the ridiculous Shumacher films.

He also did the music for "Heat" which was one of the inspirations for TDK.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Wed,  9 Sep  2009, 07:30
It was perfect for the ridiculous Shumacher films.
Correct. The ridiculous music fits the ridiculous visuals.

Nver liked Goldenthal's Batman soundtrack... meh
Anyway, it's interesting to see how it fits in TDK
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

I think the lightness and ridiculousness of this cue is the point of the joke.