Burtons Batman III...What could have been??

Started by shadowbat69, Sun, 21 Oct 2007, 20:42

Previous topic - Next topic
IF Burton could have done a third Batman film, what would YOU have liked to see in it?

For me....

No Robin. I dont think Keatons Batman would have worked as well with a sidekick.

Scarecrow. Thru fear indused hallucinations have Batman feel like hes lost total control of the city and his life. We see flashbacks of his training, his becoming the Batman, his battle with the Joker (which would have given us our return of Nicholson), and finally coming out of the fear gas, stronger and more focused on what he has to do. I feel that thru this ordeal they ould have tied up his psychological story arc.

Harvey becoming Two Face. Billy Dee of course. Him teaming up with Scarecrow while Batman is going thru his fear trip.

A grand finale with the final battle being between Batman and Harvey.

An ending scene of Batman standing on a rooftop overlooking Gotham, reaffirmed in his mission with the signal coming on.

Fade to black.

I like your premise. Definitely no Robin, but this is the first time I thought about flashback scenes showing his origin. That would have been fantastic, always wanted something like that in Batman '89. I was on wiki yesterday looking up Brad Dourif(Wormtongue in Lord of the Rings) and it says he was originally cast as the Scarecrow when Burton was attached to direct Batman Forever. I personally would have preferred Steve Buscemi, I think he would have been perfect. And John Glover as the Riddler, who ironically voiced him in TAS.

Personally, I'd have loved to seen Tim Burton's Robin. If they made his character darker, I think it would've worked well. For example... maybe Robin?s a violent lone vigilante, who's seeking revenge on the man who killed his parents, Tony Zucco. Batman meets the kid, realising he has a lot to learn, he takes him in, purges his anger, and lets him fight along side him.   

I?d also like to see the Riddler played by Robin Williams, and Two-Face played by Billy Dee Williams. That?d rock.

~Robin

still can't see marlon wayans as robin - they said he was cast for batman returns - hard to imagine that working

Same. I can't imagine a Robin in Burton's films at all...but Marlon Wayne as Robin, that scares me far more.

In a Tim Burton Batman 3 I would have wanted to see in take place maybe months after the events of Batman Returns. I'd like to see a continuation of that story of the people loosing trust in Batman because he was framed. I'd like to see some people have their trust back in Batman and some people still don't trust him. I'd like to see The Riddler played by Robin Williams since I read that he was casted although I always thought of Brad Dourif playing him because he has a look of a darker eviler Riddler. I'd also like to see Billy Dee Williams return as Harvey Dent and later become Two-Face after Maroni throws acid in his face. I'd also would want to see Robin in it and he'd be played by Marlon Wayans and I think he'd become Robin after seeing his parents die at the circus and Bruce Wayne takes him in and trains him.