Nolan's future involvement with the series...

Started by zDBZ, Wed, 17 Jun 2009, 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 03:13
At this stage, anything revolving around a sequel to TDK is taken by me with a grain of salt. As there as been some various articles that go from plausible, to just downright odd (referring to the Eddie Murphy rumor in particular). 
Exactly the way to take this. Unfortunately, it seems the press hasn't had that attitude since Jett wrote that article...

QuoteI sure as heck don't want to sit through 2 hours of riddles and puzzles. And as for the Penguin?! Man... I don't know how Nolan will pull that one off without butchering up the original character in his "realistic" vision. Wait... scratch that. I just remembered 2 Face in TDK. 
Nolan has said that he considers the Penguin "far-fetched" and "tricky" to do in his world. Considering that the Penguin currently popular with the comics is the mob boss/arms dealer, I'm not sure how he's too "far-fetched," but he shouldn't be in the film if there's no room in the story anyhow.

Quote from: zDBZ on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 18:57
Nolan has said that he considers the Penguin "far-fetched" and "tricky" to do in his world. Considering that the Penguin currently popular with the comics is the mob boss/arms dealer, I'm not sure how he's too "far-fetched," but he shouldn't be in the film if there's no room in the story anyhow.

If Nolan is dead set on not including the Penguin into any Batman film he directs, that's fine. But to say he's "tricky" doesnt make much sense.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Ehh im on the other side of things I am very excited to see Nolan do The Riddler and Penguin, Catwoman would be awesome to, and my dream is to finally see Batman get a worthy opponent to have an iconic battle ( Since out of 6 films there has not been one truly iconic battle ala Spiderman 2 Spidey and Doc Ock) with....BANE!!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: Batnar on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 14:02
I will only watch this movie if Catwoman is in it.  (No, not you Crystle! :P)

>:(

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 19:09
Ehh im on the other side of things I am very excited to see Nolan do The Riddler and Penguin, Catwoman would be awesome to, and my dream is to finally see Batman get a worthy opponent to have an iconic battle ( Since out of 6 films there has not been one truly iconic battle ala Spiderman 2 Spidey and Doc Ock) with....BANE!!

Somebody needs to do a decent Bane on film.  He's the only Batman villain who is a real physical threat to Batman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Agreed, Bane must be brought to life...properly.

I don't know if this is of any significance, but according to imdb.com, Christian Bale is attached to an "untitled Batman project". Now even though imdb.com is sort of like wikopedia, I remember Bale saying that he would only be on board as long as Nolan was on.

Bane could be used very well in Nolans world in a realistic fashion that fits the tone of the films and could still be pretty true to the character. He could use extreme steroids to pump in his veins to gain strength.

I really want to see batman in a long badass battle, something memorable I mean dosent it bother you guys that out of all of the films there truly isnt one extreme fight scene?

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 22:43
Bane could be used very well in Nolans world in a realistic fashion that fits the tone of the films and could still be pretty true to the character. He could use extreme steroids to pump in his veins to gain strength.

Yea i agree, Im tired of seeing the same villains  over an over an over again. Bane would be somthing new and different that if done properly could totally work.

QuoteI really want to see batman in a long badass battle, something memorable I mean dosent it bother you guys that out of all of the films there truly isnt one extreme fight scene?

No extreme fights?!, What about Batman vs Black sunglasses guy.

Anyway Nolan not returning as director......Does anyone else have that horrible Schumacher feeling.

Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 19 Jun  2009, 03:14
Anyway Nolan not returning as director......Does anyone else have that horrible Schumacher feeling.

Sort of, hence why I posted "But things might change...".

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Fri, 19 Jun  2009, 03:17
Quote from: Sandman on Fri, 19 Jun  2009, 03:14

Sort of, hence why I posted "But things might change...".

Yes indeed....Things change.