Influences/Homages to previous movies

Started by GothamAlleys, Wed, 17 Nov 2010, 03:37

Previous topic - Next topic
I know I've seen him give voice commands to the car in post 89 comics, not sure about before.

Mon, 6 Dec 2010, 18:19 #21 Last Edit: Mon, 6 Dec 2010, 18:24 by SilentEnigma
Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 24 Nov  2010, 20:50
Quote from: phantom stranger on Wed, 24 Nov  2010, 03:18
Ok, I finally hear what you guys have been referring to. I don't think it's an homage. I think it's just a musical coincidence, at best. And quite frankly, it's a stretch to even call it a similarity.

Simialrity or not, it IS the same notes. Regardless of whether it was intended or coincidence, it is one of my favorite moments from the score.

I'm glad there are others that notice it. Damn, even a friend of mine who is not a Batman fan (but a score nut as much as me) caught it. It IS the same.

Just listen to the first minute of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FnGS5Ufc1A&playnext=1&list=PL79222CB79DCD5755&index=2

EDIT: Yeah, the Descent into Mystery part is there too, but I didn't catch it before Ral mentioned it.

Masquerade ball
Bane using the sewers as a base
Snowing and Catwoman
Fusion reactor/Max's power plant idea
Batman shooting from The Bat and killing a driver

Quote from: SilentEnigma on Mon,  6 Dec  2010, 18:19
Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 24 Nov  2010, 20:50
Quote from: phantom stranger on Wed, 24 Nov  2010, 03:18
Ok, I finally hear what you guys have been referring to. I don't think it's an homage. I think it's just a musical coincidence, at best. And quite frankly, it's a stretch to even call it a similarity.

Simialrity or not, it IS the same notes. Regardless of whether it was intended or coincidence, it is one of my favorite moments from the score.

I'm glad there are others that notice it. Damn, even a friend of mine who is not a Batman fan (but a score nut as much as me) caught it. It IS the same.

Just listen to the first minute of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FnGS5Ufc1A&playnext=1&list=PL79222CB79DCD5755&index=2

EDIT: Yeah, the Descent into Mystery part is there too, but I didn't catch it before Ral mentioned it.
I know this was posted 3 years ago but i had to comment on this....I can't hear the elfman homage in this score i'm sorry maybe if someone done a comparison video then maybe but still i can't hear it  :-X
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Sat, 6 Apr 2013, 21:35 #24 Last Edit: Sat, 6 Apr 2013, 23:16 by SilentEnigma
Yeah, it's been years since this occupied me but, yes, I hear it again even in the first 10 seconds of the clip. A musician could explain it much better, but there IS a similarity there.

Speaking of this, someone did a good job at mixing the original pieces together.