Val Kilmer was the best Batman in the Burton/Schumacher era

Started by Keatonfan#1, Sun, 20 Jan 2008, 06:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Batgirl was in B&R not BF!!! ::)

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I thought she was hott as hell when in the suit, wether her acting or lines were awful or not.

Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 04:58 #44 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 14:26 by The Batman Returns
I think Val Kilmer is the 2nd best live action Batman/Bruce Wayne. He did really good with what he was given (even though he said some stupid lines & wore that Sonar Suit). However, no one beats Mr. Keaton!

He's third best in my book, or maybe even fourth.

To my mind, Kilmer is the worst live-action Batman thus far. I get absolutely nothing from him in Forever. Clooney had some decent scenes as Bruce Wayne with Alfred and managed to be likeable if nothing else; Kilmer walked through that film like the living dead. The one scene he has that I liked at all was when he broke down the door to Chase's office. There, he is funny, quirky, and does seem like a continuation of Keaton's Bruce Wayne. But that is the only spot in the movie where I thought he showed any acting skill whatsoever.

^I've read that Val wanted to act in a way that was similar to Keaton, but Joel didn't want him to portray a dark Batman. At least he worked well with what he was given. Clooney just acted like himself throughout all of B&R, if you ask me (although his characterization has elements of the Adam West Batman) .

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sat, 23 May  2009, 18:57
^I've read that Val wanted to act in a way that was similar to Keaton, but Joel didn't want him to portray a dark Batman. At least he worked well with what he was given. Clooney just acted like himself throughout all of B&R, if you ask me (although his characterization has elements of the Adam West Batman) .
I've read that as well, and I've seen interviews that highly imply that Kilmer and Schumacher didn't see eye-to-eye. But I don't think that Kilmer did well in the role, and I don't get the impression that either he or Schumacher won out in the end. The way the performance is in the film suggests to me that the two went blow to blow, neither of them made the other back down, and so we're left a performance that has absolutely no strong grounding or vision.

I agree he was the 2nd best live action Batman. And really prob the greatest actor to play him, hough Mr Keaton is not without his talent.