Val Kilmer was the best Batman in the Burton/Schumacher era

Started by Keatonfan#1, Sun, 20 Jan 2008, 06:35

Previous topic - Next topic
I have no idea Joker89. I guess some people in WB thought Kilmer had
more potentaial than Keaton,but they were very wrong.

I am Vengence,I Am The Night....

When everyone talked about Keaton it was always about the eyes.

When promoting Val they always spoke about the lips.  They were trying to make Batman sexy.

And what was Clooney's selling point? The chin?

HAhaHAhaHAha classic.

When everyone talked about Keaton it was always about the eyes.

When promoting Val they always spoke about the lips.  They were trying to make Batman sexy.

I know what you mean by trying to make Batman sexy with Val. But the Keaton eyes thing was more popular because it made him more intimating then sexy.

I thought Keaton was very intimidating as Batman. The only complaint was Keaton's height I suppose. Which is why they replaced him with Val Kilmer.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Fri, 1 Aug 2008, 22:28 #26 Last Edit: Sat, 2 Aug 2008, 20:26 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: Joker89 on Fri,  1 Aug  2008, 19:08
I thought Keaton was very intimidating as Batman. The only complaint was Keaton's height I suppose. Which is why they replaced him with Val Kilmer.
Keaton not wanting to associate himself with the trash that was BF might've had something to do with it too...

Keatons height had absolutely nothing to do with him not returning for Forever.

As far as I remember back in 1994, some comments about Kilmer being taller (therefore more suitable) were written in lifestyle-type magazines that had a Kilmer face pasted in a suited Keaton photo (from the B89 photoshoot with the purple-ish background).

In movies they can make Tom Cruise look tall.

Something like that, in that type of article, is opinion on the writers part. Has nothing to do with Keaton being replaced. Actually, he was "replaced" because he declined the role for his own reasons. They wanted him back, for all the sequels.