Favourite Batmobile sequence in live action?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 23 Dec 2016, 01:37

Previous topic - Next topic
We've had a lot of Batmobile action scenes and moments over the years. My personal favourite would have to be during the first ten or so minutes in Batman Returns, where Batman races in his car to stop the Red Triangle Gang's chaos in Gotham Plaza. It was a great sequence, following Bruce reacting to the Batsignal shining in his office.

As awesome as the Batmobile was in B89, I remember wanting it to be more involved than just a standard chase scene, and BR gave me that satisfaction, where we see it comes to the rescue and kick (or burn  ;)) ass. Despite the scene was definitely shot on a sound stage, the action sequence still looks spectacular on screen to this day.

With that said, I must admit that the Batmobile chase sequence in BvS was technically brilliant as modern day effects go. But of course, there are some snobs out there who dismissed this scene "coz Batman kills (like we haven't seen THAT before), and it uses CGI".
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The descent into mystery. But the remote control Batmobile destroying Axis Chemicals is a very close second.

Descent Into Mystery and Charge of the Batmobile from 1989, Night Patrol from Batman Returns. Loved the Batmobile scene in BvS, the only downside being, as good as the new car is, it's not Furstmobile.

Sat, 14 Jan 2017, 00:09 #3 Last Edit: Sat, 14 Jan 2017, 00:11 by The Dark Knight
Seeing B89 as a young kid really stirred my senses in a way I can't really explain. The scenes I mentioned above are just pure atmosphere and emotion. They're probably the two best pure 'Batman' cues Elfman ever created, and make no mistake, if the music was different, the scenes just wouldn't be the same. I think when you keep B66 in mind, these two scenes are even better. Keaton's Batman is a mysterious loner driving around in the darkness, whereas West is driving around the daylight with Robin. The contrast is severe and I love that.

Quote from: Azrael on Sun, 25 Dec  2016, 17:54
Descent Into Mystery and Charge of the Batmobile from 1989, Night Patrol from Batman Returns. Loved the Batmobile scene in BvS, the only downside being, as good as the new car is, it's not Furstmobile.

As much as I would've loved to see the Furstmobile in a chase scene similar to the one in BvS, I'd imagine it would be extremely difficult to stage an elegant looking car for such a demanding sequence.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

And that's a good point to make. The BvS Batmobile is the best of both worlds. It has the rugged quality of the Tumbler, but enough of the Furst inspired design to make it a 'Batmobile'. I'm glad it's coming back for Justice League. I hope it stays around for a while longer too, particularly for the solo film.