your substitute for Christian Bale?

Started by batsam, Fri, 19 Sep 2008, 16:41

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteThis'll probably sound funny but I think Keifer Sutherland would make a good Batman.

Sutherland would make an awesome Batman/Bruce Wanye, but not it Nolans movie's there not rough enough for the hard Batman he'd be.

Guy Pearce is an Aussie.

If Nolan returns, you can rest assured that Bale will too. As much as I love their interpretation, I don't want to see either of them back for a fourth film. I'd rather a whole new take, new director, new Batman etc.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Has anyone ever suggested Johnny Depp?

If he got a little more muscular (if you Google him, you'll see he's quite well built already) he could fit the role.
However, I'm not sure if he would fit the Nolan style.

Before Bale was announced to star in Batman Begins I knew him from Velvet Goldmine and American Psycho and I remember thinking he'd be a good choice for Bruce Wayne/ Batman.
However, what he did in the final film wasn't at all to my liking. I just didn't feel him in Batman Begins. Shockingly, I went to see The Dark Knight not for Batman, but the Joker. Bale's Batman voice and that blandness he brings to the character really doesn't excite me.
He did have a couple of good scenes (post Rachel's death, in the apartment and the standoff with Two-Face when Gordon's family is held at gunpoint) but apart from those and a couple of others, I just didn't feel him. And I don't think Nolan is to blame, although I disagree with a lot of his decisions. In an interview of Bale seemed so determined to go for that animalistic approach to the character, he came off a bit... strange. "Either we do it my way, or not at all." or something like that were his words. He generally doesn't seem like a likable person in some of his interviews, almost bashing previous Batman movies.

QuoteShockingly, I went to see The Dark Knight not for Batman, but the Joker.

I think everyone did lol. To say much of The Dark Knight success is a result of Heath Ledger's death is an understatement.

Quotealmost bashing previous Batman movies.

Really wow what a jerk, i've seen him talk himself up like he's god in his interview before but never that. Even nolan doesn't bag out the old Batman movies.

No ones bashing I dont really think, they all know already that they've made two better made films than burton had.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quotethey all know already that they've made two better made films than burton had

Well that really comes down to personal opinion, not fact.

Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 25 Sep  2008, 09:42
Quotethey all know already that they've made two better made films than burton had

Well that really comes down to personal opinion, not fact.
True. But I think it is pretty clear Nolan did it better.  ;D

Let's not turn this into another Burton Vs. Nolan deabte please.
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Quote from: PJ on Fri, 26 Sep  2008, 07:21
Let's not turn this into another Burton Vs. Nolan deabte please.
Yes boss.