Love that Joker!

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 18 Mar 2015, 21:11

Previous topic - Next topic
The joy buzzer scene is my second favorite Joker scene. Third would be the whole museum scene. It's just so dark and horrifying that Joker gassed all of those people to death just so he could have a date with Vicki. Also, destroying all of those priceless works of art is a really sick thing to do.

My favourite Joker scene is the chat with the burnt corpse. Nothing comes close to this.

For all the talk about TDK's Joker - he isn't any more dangerous than Nicholson's.

Since this thread is shaping up to be an unofficial Nicholson Joker appreciation thread, I thought it would be worth asking what are people's favourite quotes told by the Clown Prince of Crime.

My favourite quote would have to be "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?". These words were painful and monumental to Bruce Wayne, but to the Joker, they were nothing more than a fun thing to say before he'd eliminate his victims. I just like how frank the Joker is. He knows that the remark is meaningless and a load of nonsense. He likes saying it only for his own amusement.  :D

Too bad that quote gets knocked back in favour of pseudo-intellectual crap like "I am an agent of chaos", nowadays .  >:(
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Hard to pick just one quote, but recently I am fond of the exchange: "You're insane! - I thought I was a Pisces, come on, let's make up, have a little whip of my roses!"

What I love about the "Love that Joker" scene is the way it mixes humor with seriousness. What makes the Joker work as a villain is how his goofy behavior disguises his madness. People tend to underestimate him cause he appears as a clown.

There's a bunch:

-Wait'll they get a load of me!

-And where is the Batman? ....he's at home, washing his tights!! HahahahaHAhah!

-Never rub another man's rhubarb!

Quote from: Vampfox on Fri, 15 May  2015, 16:24
What I love about the "Love that Joker" scene is the way it mixes humor with seriousness. What makes the Joker work as a villain is how his goofy behavior disguises his madness. People tend to underestimate him cause he appears as a clown.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

"Bob....gun."

Another trademark Nicholson Joker moment.